Collaboration. Erland, Eric Henryus, Pedulist.

nice to hear an Erland song with an edge.. considering how this was done, it came out very good.. I won't nit pick it to death.. always a good song.. good job by all!

awsome

Thanks for checking this out guys.

Your mastered version is ace Diagnosis! Thankyou

lynx. Hi man. It originally was going to be acoustic, which is why at th end it goes back to it. i thought it would be fun to build it up. I enjoyed trying with distortion. Thanks for listening.

MC Gitarz. Thanks for checking it out Milan. Glad you liked it. It was good fun to make.

IanW-UK. Hey man, cheers. Glad you had a spin of this one.

The Ghost of FM. Thanks for that. Unfortunatly, all I have is the 24 buck dynamic, thats really the problem. I think the mastered version by SD brings it out better. What fo you think?

B.SABBATH. You saying, i never have edge, cheers mate. Well thanks for listening, the drums really bring it too life.

Aren. Oh great that you listened. Awsome.

thanks again

Erland

Okay, I'll keep it short and sweet :)

(as always, I didn't read any of the prior posts as this is my first impression)

[rant]

The chorus is a little long/drawn out/repetative (though I like the little bongo thing at the end).

Vocals are solid, though you definitely sound better when doing the entirely acoustic gig (sounds like the Counting Crows with the full band-thing).

The pop-song feel always annoys me, but I need to say that if you're looking in that direction the Gin Blossoms did this pop-thing better years ago. This really doesn't add anything to our (not HR.com's, the world's) collective musical conscience. There's little personality or feel to the tune... a little contrived on the 'up-beat' side. You folks can do better than a tired pop song. Leave this genre for the 35-somethings selling out that one last time to get that "big hit" before they're too wrinkled to sell their sex appeal.

Think this may be the first Erland piece I didn't like. :(

[/rant]

Nice job guys! Maybe someone will pay for the plane tickets so you can re-record this together in the same place. Other than those afformentioned recording hurdles, this rocked. Maybe a little happy for my tastes, but very well done. LOL. But do the right thing and EQ Tjarko's bass. :)

Cheers,
Tom

SLuiCe said:
But do the right thing and EQ Tjarko's bass. :)

Cheers,
Tom

I have Tjarko's bass track. If I have a moment later tonite I'll post a remix cause I've got all the individual tracks.

fprod south gets an award for hearing my new snare drum trick. but i assure you they are not overheads. these drums were 100% genuinely fake! and they probably sound quite similar to some you may have heard on crawdad's recent recordings. ;)

studioviols, i'll give a detailed report on the drum tracks later when i have time. i didn't really mean that i'd kill you, cause i'm still waiting on that orchestral track :).............then i'll kill you. mwuahahahaha.

Very solid writing on this one, great vocals and some terrific playing all around, and catchy to boot!

This is an excellent collab all the way around. You guys did a nice job.

I actually listened to this in my car and everything sat well. The bass was more prominant on those speakers than on the computer speakers and it really had some balls that gave the song momentum. Excellent drumming as well! It is good to hear a full arrangement on one of Erland's songs!

Keep up the great work!

:D

I'm used to hearing your stuff all acoustic and intimate - it's interesting to hear how good your stuff still sounds with all sorts of balls and muscle as well.

That bit from 2.10 to 2.20 is the best part of the whole song - pay attention to what you did with the arrangement there, and remember it well enough to do it with another song only MORE. If you want to hear somebody do it even better, listen to the first movement of Bach's fifth Brandenburg Concerto when he opens it up by shutting down certain parts and letting the flutes carry the rhythm.

Pedullist's bass is boomier than usual - it's okay, but it would sound better with less bottom on it I think - the playing's still great.

The panning at the end is weird when first the electric guitar skews off to the right and then the vocal and guitar follow suit during the outro - bring it back to center.

Sounds good to me and I like the tune.
The mastered version sounds better......not as harsh....just sounds a bit smoother to me.

A very nice collab.......I really like the snare sound Eric......use that one more....like always. :D

Bass is a bit boomy but it's passable as is.

Nice!

Hey guys. This was fabulous. I can’t find anything to suggest on this from the at work cans. Very nice collab gentlemen. A keeper for sure.

This is crazy good stuff! Man what a blast to hear you do a rocker Erland. You three guys make a great combo. Seems like you were all definately on the same page.

I have to agree with Dobro about the panning during the fade. That was weird.

Sound Diag. The mastered version was really cool, but a little too much verb on the vocals for my taste. I dl'ed anyway!

Thanks guys, this one made my day!

Twist

kickin'

the mastered version does have more teeth

I would maybe take a bit of the tail off of the 'verb

and I loved the outro pan thingy, go figure?

Back