Collaboration. Erland, Eric Henryus, Pedulist.

Erland

Collaboration. Myself, Eric Henryus and Pedulist.

Firstly, hi there. I have here a three way collaboration and an announcement.

The song, Aint Just Me. I`m on guitar and vocal, Eric Henryus on Drums and Pedulist on the bass. My girlfriend even joins in at the end! As you can imagine there are a few flaws but as far as a cross county, mp3flying, fourtrack fiddling, drum hitting, bass slapping collaboration goes I think its got a nice garage band feel to it. The timing problems could almost be forgiven, they were my fault. Doh. Pedulist isn`t too happy with the bass but I think its grand.

So if you have a spare few minutes could you check it out and tell us what you think? It was an enjoyable experience doing this track!

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=1375/album738

Secondly, the announcment. summer]sessions2003

After tweeking one more track, I have finished putting together the 33 songs onto a double album CD.

I am recording 33 copies, if you want to have the Album then just ask, its FREE, I`ll let you choose its worth. I cant pay all the postage to the US though. Drop me an email and well sort it out. erlandcooper@yahoo.com

Also, this Sunday the 5th, my 24th birthday! I am releasing all the songs (except the last track) at Nowhere Radio. These are the unmastered mp3s.

The CD is mastered as best I could eg. normalised, eqd and mixed together quite nicely. Its much much better! I have spent some time on it and on the cover design and sleeve too and have added somethings extra plus a wee note.

This was my challenge and really thanks to you guys I got there. I learnt so so much. This is the end of it, a fun collection of 33 songs.

www.geocities.com/erlandcooper

One more. In two weeks, I am heading to Peru for a 2 month trecking experience without my guitar! I have been working my bottom off since I`ve been home to raise funds for this and I even did a 10000m row yesterday to raise money for the Macmillen Cancer Research fund. Anyway, my point is I am looking farward to setting off again but I have finally finished all my studies and am ready for whatever is next. Now I`m scared.

kind regards and good night homerecording.com.

Erland

:)

This is the back of the CD but its squished.

Attachments

• smallcd.jpg
    smallcd.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
kind regards and good night homerecording.com.

......wow.. that's one sad sentence:(

I hope you dont mean that seriously Erland. If so, youre gonna be missed around here bro. .....good luck in life.:)

Nice collab here fellas. Very nice job coordinating here Eric, Im glad things worked out. I love the drum sounds in this..... ..perfect for the tune. This kinda takes me back to Greg Khin era stuff in the early 80's.... and those drums sound like they were lifted from one of those records. ......nice.

Nice line Ped, Im not diggin the tone in this one as much as some previous listens. ...kinda woofy, and lacking in definition... Whats the chain on this one?;) :D
....Nice bassline though.

Erland, you are a giant talent bro. Its gonna be a little smaller world around here without you in it.

......sincerely.

g w/ 5 for one of HomeRec.com's most respected members....... good luck brutha!

Really digging this one...like the guitar riff.The drums sound really good.....like those harmony guitar/violin lines at 2:47....nice to hear you do a rocker..this is a 'drivin down the highway-blastin wide open' type of tune...good job guys.

p.s. caught your girlfriend doing some harmony vocals there at the end.Sounds good.

I LOVE it

How totally pro sounding this is.
After all the stripped down stuff this is REALLY amazing.
Your choice for rhythm section is impeccable.
Great drums and a very powerful and graceful bass-line.

You NEED to continue this Collab IMO

Dan
Thanks for the music:D

studioviols, if i told you i'd have to kill myself........er.....i mean........... i'd have to kill you.

hey pedullist, i think the bass sounds fine. i mean how tight can you get jamming with people across the ocean for god's sake? that's a lot of water between us all. nice job.

erland, still working on that other thing. i'll send you something soon.

Oh Man,

That is one clean sounding track. I love it. The song as a whole is very catchy.

Definilitely a sound worth emulating

DustyJack

Really good sounding stuff here.
I could stand to hear a bit more of Tjarko. It's a good bass part for keeping the bottom and adding some melody to the arrangement.
Those lead guitars at 2:04 and 3:13 are taking up a lot of space. Maybe some low mids could come out. The music seems to take a little dip when it happens at 2:04. I like how it's bigger the second time around at 3:13, but maybe it's too small at 2:04.
Interesting effect on the snare. Sometimes I can hear when it's not opening the gate and you really here the "snare" part of the drum I'm guessing from the overheads. Very cool effect done tastefully.

Cool stuff guys!

Guernica said:
Nice line Ped, Im not diggin the tone in this one as much as some previous listens. ...kinda woofy, and lacking in definition... Whats the chain on this one?;) :D
....Nice bassline though.

:D

It's the same as I'm using for most of SLuiCe's songs! :eek: :D It's a sound with an abundance of lows, because I've learned it's always better to cut frequencies than to boost...

But I forgot to tell Erland he had to cut some of these lows...sorry about that Cooper!

Thanks for the nice words, guys. I don't deserve them, but thanks anyway.... :)

Cool song. Catchy. Nice little guitar riff. The female harmonies at the end wound up being a nice touch I thought.

Nice drums eric. I especially liked that snare sound.

I agree with everyone that Ped supported the song well with the bass line. It moves real nice. But I think that bass needs some EQ attention. To my ears it needs a kick in the low end and a slightly better defined attack.

A couple of vocal syncing things with the harmony vocals in spots. Minor though.

Nice job fellers.

For working on this all around the world

This is totally awesome. Well done, catchy tune and so much talent!

Have a great time on your trip, I am envious.

For a three way collab from three different countries this is awesome. Ped and Eric, I thought you supported Erlands song perfectly. Great job guys. It was fun to hear a full blown Erland song. I thought the arrangement was nice as well. Nice nice little parts to keep things interesting.

There are few little mix things I might pick at, but knowing how hard this is to do, I think it is perfect!

Great job guys. Cool song!

I mixed the bass in on my fourtrack with headphones, so as you can imagine I was alittle unsure of what to do. Sorry Pedulist.

Guernica. No man, just good night. My bed was beckoning. This was such a nice thing to say, I havn`t left yet but look farward to christmas with new songs already. Thanks again.

Hi Kramer, thanks for listening man. Its sounds cool on the acoustic too. Trun it up. At the end the track with me and my girlfriend is just the guide track, I kept it in though.

HevyD47Ca. Cheers Dan, I thought this would sound good built up and they did a great job. Really happy with the garage band feelin man.

SOUND DIAGNOSIS. Nice one.

DustyJack. Man its great that you had a listen. Cheers, I`m learning with every song.

fprod south. Cool, yeh man, It was my first shot properly recording with distortion guitar. I was all over the place and the levels are crazy. The lead is all over the shop too but i pretent that the song is Live and I forget a little. Oh yeh, it takes a dip becaue originaly this was just accoustic and lead, that last lead is all electric. Thanks for listeing.

Tjarko. I wouldnt know what to do anyway man, I just slapped it together and lowerd the volume.

TripleM. Thanks man. The guitar is fun on accoustic, its just e, g and c but the end was just the song going back to the guide track were my girlfriend joined in, like in the car on the road. I was all over the place at times for sure. Thanks for listening to the others songs too.

Nice song. I think it would work really well without the distorted guitar chords personally, would make it seem less messy and I don't think it's needed anyways. The electric riffs are pretty cool, just let the acoustic stum it out IMO. I can imagine the difficulties with two collab, let alone three. Good stuff.

Wunderbar!!

Man, is this nice!! I don't care for the distorted guitar riffing towards the end but I'm not even looking where it is - I'm having too much fun just enjoying this music!! The rockers are alive and well and I'm grateful!! (but not dead) - EXCELLENT ENDING!
A tip of the hat - five gold stars - three thumbs up and, best of all, happy ears!! THANKS to all the musicians who made this happen!
Milan

cooooool :D well done all. That was great. Good to hear a rockin song from you Erland, and the other parts fitted in really nicely :) sweet. No mix comments as my ears seem to be shite lately so it prolly wouldn't mean a lot :p

Great stuff.

Ian.........

Erland, Erik & Pedulist,

Very nice tune gentlemen!

A lot of real talent is showcased on the collaboration piece.

Mix-wise, everything seems to be sitting pretty well in this minus one very minor issue of the vocals sounding a little too dry in the mix and a little on the upper mid-range heavy. If you could smooth the eq out just a bit there and bring the singer into the same or similar acoustic space that the band is in, I feel, you would really have a cohesive track here.

Otherwise, I really like the song and was impressed with the playing and arrangement of the tune.

Well done! :)

Back