Clicks and noises suddenly appeared in PT session

Monsterpop

Hi Folks
i put this problem on the ProTools Forum as well,
in reply to another fella who seems to be having the same trouble

m using an Mbox2/Mac Mini.
At first i was convinced it was noises that had appeared on the bass track,
as i solo'd it and heard them.
it took me a while to realise that i hear the noises on any solo'd track.

Ive now spent a coupla days trying to get through this session by having to constantly save and reopen it,until the noises start again.
its absolutely dreadful,
and the clicks and noises actually get worse the longer i work.
At the moment the damn noises are very loud indeed.
I tried musting every track in turn to see if that shed any light on it, but im clutching at straws right now.

i know ive done something thats causing it, but i cant find out what

i also tried bouncing what i have so far to disc as a wav, just as a test.
and i was horrified to hear that the clicks and noises are audible on the bounced file as well,
as i thought they were just heard during the session itself.
i hunted online but cant find anything to help

i dare say im asking the wrong question!
id very very much appreciate if anyone here can enlighten us
as it is the most irritating thing.:(

Clicks are almost ALWAYS a clock issue. Do you have an external digital device?? Have you re-set the sessions sample-rate or bit depth from when it was created??

hi again Joseph,
and thanks a lot as always for the reply.
I was actually so pissed off with the whole thing that i just started removing plug ins,and lo and behold,,success!
so , i guess its --Note To Self-"cALM dOWN oN tHE plUG iN aBUSE"

i dont even know if theres an optimum default setting for the playback engine,,buffer et al!
:D

just to throw this out there for anyone els that stumbles across this thread...

I had weird static clicks and pops in sessions as well, and it was the 'Amplitube' plug-in alone that was causing it. I haven't found a way to make it stop less of removing the plug-in. if anyone knows a solution i'd appreciate the info.

I had weird static clicks and pops in sessions as well, and it was the 'Amplitube' plug-in alone that was causing it. I haven't found a way to make it stop less of removing the plug-in. if anyone knows a solution i'd appreciate the info.

I have the same problem with amplitube.

This isn't the demo of amplitude is it? After the 10 day trial apparently it becomes quite noisy and unusable.

i'm using the full version

Don't know if it will work exactly, but I've had the same problems with other pluggins. It seems that somehow memory locations become corrupt during sessions and that static appears everywhere.

You can try adjusting both the playback buffer and the DAE buffer. I've had mixed results with both. Generally though, you can never go wrong with a new install of the problematic plugin

I had to stop losing amplitube because it wouldn't remember that it had been authorized.

I could put my authorization number in and work with it for a while. After I closed the session it would just reset.

Latest problem

Hi again folks

id begun hearin a feedback that got worse and worse,until finally every single track in my session is in the red zone

but i dont have any sound at all on playback.
i shut it down and restarted,,i quit PT and tried again

i eve rebooted the Mac,all to no avail

i tried opening different sessions also,,but they are all the same

i have no idea what to do,and i dont even know what to try and put into Google! can anybody clue me in on this one?

I'm not insinuating anything, but sometimes cracked plugins can be very unstable ;)

Otherwise, it sounds like a fresh install of PT is in order!

Back