Check out my new mix...

xotsx

Alright, I posted before about having someone here mix our new EP... but with the responses I got I decided to take it on myself. I think it turned out pretty well. Let me know what you think.

Good performances on all the parts. Very solid.

The first thing that strikes me is the amount of compression that's been used. I think there's a real good guitar sound underneath all that compression. But it gets ear-fatiguing after a couple of minutes. There's also an audible clip in spots.

The doubled guitars are very tight. But even so I'd bring them a little closer to center. They sound a little weird on headphones. Bringing them close to center will make the doubling less obvious.

Along that line, there are sections where one of the doubled guitars stops playing (first time around :52). This creates a big imbalance in the mix.

Other than that I thought you did a good job.

TripleM said:
Good performances on all the parts. Very solid.

The first thing that strikes me is the amount of compression that's been used. I think there's a real good guitar sound underneath all that compression. But it gets ear-fatiguing after a couple of minutes. There's also an audible clip in spots.

The doubled guitars are very tight. But even so I'd bring them a little closer to center. They sound a little weird on headphones. Bringing them close to center will make the doubling less obvious.

Along that line, there are sections where one of the doubled guitars stops playing (first time around :52). This creates a big imbalance in the mix.

Other than that I thought you did a good job.

sums up what i wanna say as well. im listening to this on my laptop cuz im not home atm, so i cant really say how well everything is because of lack of good bass / sound in general, but in essence, i like it -_-. other than those issues, its good. very loud ! but good.

I kinda like the guitar like that although I also think you should bring it more towards the center. This sounds like it calls for the sound chris adler gets in his recordings with Lamb of God (on drums). Maybe bring up the bass drum a tiny bit so that people know the recording by how pumping that low end is. But I'm a drummer don't trust shit I say hahaha. I might add some reverb on the toms, and maybe a tiny amount on the snare. I do like it when the one guitar cuts out and its left on either side, I think it just add's to the power when they both come in. How did you record this its pretty damn good!

Ben

Back