Check out my new guitar I just got in about an hour ago :D

FoulPhil

Yes, I need a new couch too, but we needed the guitar more than the furniture lol. I think it'll be obvious for most to tell exactly what kind of guitar it is by the photos. I love this damn guitar! :guitar:

539838_587676894595237_4457069_n.jpg

536931_587676911261902_1855500453_n.jpg

528022_587676921261901_276027442_n.jpg

16430_587676927928567_1017282381_n.jpg

562972_587676964595230_237042689_n.jpg

47846_587676984595228_1850511432_n.jpg

62110_587677004595226_1489364392_n.jpg

537050_587677017928558_1064786699_n.jpg

261396_587677037928556_1424913172_n.jpg

525639_587677061261887_430141727_n.jpg

377669_587677071261886_741659215_n.jpg

5523_587677084595218_155665503_n.jpg

Reactions: JCH
Nice. I don't know anything about acoustics. I recognize the Martin name. Is that a good one? did the Barbie doll come with it? :D

It's a Martin HD-28. I would say it's a pretty damn good one lol. Has a real thick bass, crisp high and even mids. Sounds pretty balanced, although bass heavy. If that makes any sense? Also it has it's own natural chime like reverb effect or something. If you ever go to guitar center try one out just for the hell of it. I spent many hours playing different brands of guitars and comparing the sounds and feel or action. Kept going back to the HD-28. It felt like no other guitar would live up to it. This is just my opinion and experience, but in the end I said "F" it and got me one. So, yes I really love it :D

Holy shit, I just googled it. $2600? Wow. Congrats dude. :)

Yes it's very expensive and I did buy it brand new, but I also got an incredible discount which made it possible for me to buy one. So, I'm thankful that things worked out. I don't want to put it down and I play regularly, but my fingers are starting to hurt. I think it's because I been playing it trying to get a good feel for it since it got here. It's much different from all the crappy old piece of shit acoustics I've owned lol...

Don't want to make it sound like it's hard to play. It plays easy as hell, like butter. Kinda as easy as a Les Paul, but with way thicker strings and tension I guess lol.

Congrats!

That's another one in the league of guitars I'll never be able to own. I'll never get that D-45DF, either.

That's OK, though. Either one would be wasted on me. I'm happy with my early 70's EPi Texan. I do want a Taylor GC Mini, though. And that's high-end for me.

Beautiful guitar. I wish the two of you many years of happiness.

:guitar:

Most excellent score Sir Phil of Foulness. Too rich for my blood probably even with the discount.

But ya have your priorities right. Screw the furniture. :)

And yeah....I'm pretty sure that barbie doll is yours.
;)

That's another one in the league of guitars I'll never be able to own. I'll never get that D-45DF, either.

That's OK, though. Either one would be wasted on me. I'm happy with my early 70's EPi Texan. I do want a Taylor GC Mini, though. And that's high-end for me.

Beautiful guitar. I wish the two of you many years of happiness.

That's why you save every penny you can spare and remain diligent in not spending it or living outside your means. If you drink, smoke or do anything that is essentially a waste of money like going to the movies or buying fast food, stop... Stop or at least save it for special occasions. Work out instead because exercise is free lol. Then you can get what ever guitar you want and it'll mean much more to you because you'll have really earned it and wanted it so bad for so long you can taste it. Envision yourself playing your new guitar every day to keep you motivated. Tell yourself you'll never get it and you probably never will...

:guitar:

Most excellent score Sir Phil of Foulness. Too rich for my blood probably even with the discount.

But ya have your priorities right. Screw the furniture. :)

And yeah....I'm pretty sure that barbie doll is yours.
;)

LOL I just noticed the Barbie doll in the picture. Now I get why Greg asked if it came with the barbie doll HAHA. It's one of my daughters, obviously. :P The furniture works fine, it's just the pleather is cracking. I think we paid over $1000 for the furniture and have had it for about 2 years and it's already funked up like that. Next time I'm not getting anything too nice, because the kids seek and destroy like no others!

Nice going, you picked a good one. I've had my D-41 for about 4 years now, and it is still my prized posession. Finding the right acoustic is one of life's true satisfactions.

Nice going, you picked a good one. I've had my D-41 for about 4 years now, and it is still my prized posession. Finding the right acoustic is one of life's true satisfactions.

I never got a chance to play a D-41, but I don't think I need all the extra bling bling it was already too expensive as is lol. Although I like the martin logo on the D-41 better. I kinda like the basic look of the HD28. It just looks like a simple regular ol acoustic.

That's why you save every penny you can spare and remain diligent in not spending it or living outside your means. If you drink, smoke or do anything that is essentially a waste of money like going to the movies or buying fast food, stop... Stop or at least save it for special occasions. Work out instead because exercise is free lol. Then you can get what ever guitar you want and it'll mean much more to you because you'll have really earned it and wanted it so bad for so long you can taste it. Envision yourself playing your new guitar every day to keep you motivated. Tell yourself you'll never get it and you probably never will...

Yeah, but before I can get that much money saved, there's always some little cheapie that says 'Pssst! Buddy, over here.' As I've said many times, I can never justify $2000 on a guitar, but I can justify $200 at a time, ten times. I know, it's not the smart way to do things because I end up with $200 guitars, but then again, I've got ten fairly cool guitars to play with instead of just one. And yeah, I didn't get married until my early 30s either. ;)

That (the DF model), and the 000-28, are the only Martins I've ever jonesed for. Neither one will ever happen, but then again, one of my limited abilities shouldn't really have one.

Yeah, but before I can get that much money saved, there's always some little cheapie that says 'Pssst! Buddy, over here.' As I've said many times, I can never justify $2000 on a guitar, but I can justify $200 at a time, ten times. I know, it's not the smart way to do things because I end up with $200 guitars, but then again, I've got ten fairly cool guitars to play with instead of just one. And yeah, I didn't get married until my early 30s either. ;)

Ah yes. I know the problem. I've done the same thing quite a bit and have owned at least 40 to 100 different guitars in my life time. Not exactly sure how many guitars I've owned. And it's funny because when I rationalized things it was the exact opposite. I concluded I would rather own one super nice guitar than to own 10 crappy guitars. I bought a few beat up acoustics on Craigslist too just to have something to play until I could get a much nicer guitar, didn't pay over 40 for either and sold them both over the weekend. If you can find a guitar that makes you earn to play it you'll be doing yourself a favor because your abilities wont be limited for very long when you just can't seem to stop playing your guitar.

I'm jealous! I've never treated myself to a nice acoustic, and now that I don't play nearly as often, the nice electrics I have laying around just don't get as much use as a nice acoustic would.

Record it yet?

I'm jealous! I've never treated myself to a nice acoustic, and now that I don't play nearly as often, the nice electrics I have laying around just don't get as much use as a nice acoustic would.

Record it yet?

No I haven't recorded it yet. I have a bunch of new material I'm working on and it's funny because I do most my song writing on acoustic guitars. So now that I have a really nice one I'm just working out the details and really putting in a lot of practice time. I just got the guitar on Monday night and I've already put about 20 hours of jam time into it. My finger tips hurt lol.

I actually got rid of most of my electric guitars too while I was at it. Haven't played an electric guitar in months already... I still have one, but don't think I'll be using it or my tube amp at all. Actually looking to sell that shit off. Although keeping the bass because I'll be able to put it to use :D

Back