CD Writer/MD Recorder Combined Unit???

Jonboy

Anyone know if there is such a piece of equipment as a CD Writer and Mini-Disc Recorder combined?
Jonboy
(Scotland)

Yo Jonboy:

I'll take a Laphroig neat. Great stuff and it is available here in the states.

But, to your question: As far as I've seen, there is no MD-8 unit, or other MD unit that has a built in CD burner.

I'm sure you can buy a burner and run a recording from an MD unit into it, such as the Alesis Masterlink. But, if you get a Masterlink, you might want a better recorder than the current MD units.

I use a Yam MD-8; it's easy to run but not quite up to full CD quality; however, I've mixed down to cassette and had the cassette put into CD format and it came out pretty good.

CD sound is the way to go no matter how you get there.

Cheers,

Green Hornet

Thanks Green Hornet,
You're talking to a Scotsman who doesn't like whisky!!!!
But I do know that Laphroig is an exceptional nip as we say in these parts.
Re: your advice. Thanks for the tip. The bottom line is if I have to, I'll buy separates. It was just a thought. Maybe some of those nice people at Sony or Technics et al will develop something along these lines.
Thanks again
Jonboy

md8 miking

green hornet & jon boy

Hey lads;

I too am the proud owner of an md-8. I use a CAD-100 vocal mike into those terrible preamps on the md-8. But I got a stroke of luck about 6 months ago. I had this Mackie-1604 mixer that I was fixing to give away for nearly nothing until I patched it into the md-8 and used it for the mixer. The vocals were extremely improved and even the instruments. I was very surprised at this. I am upgrading to a Roland 1680 or 1880 in a few weeks. I thought I was the only one who had the low vocal problems with the md-8; not so. Of course mackie forced me to use 16 or so more cables and my little studio looks a lot like "Nessie" perhaps.
Cheers, David Winders

Back