Carbon Net Zero

It appears that at least some reality is creeping into companies. GM had their Q4 earning call. They had previously said they would be all electric by 2030.

On the company's fourth-quarter earnings call, Barra reversed course from GM's "all-in" electric vehicle strategy, saying that plug-in hybrids will play a role in helping the company meet more stringent tailpipe emission regulations in the coming years.

"GM remains committed to eliminating tailpipe emissions from our light-duty vehicles by 2035," Barra said. "But in the interim, deploying plug-in technology in strategic segments will deliver some of the environmental benefits of EVs as the nation continues to build its charging infrastructure."

For the vast majority of drivers, a plug in hybrid with a electric range of something like 30-40 miles would cover a high percentage of daily trips. On occasions where you need long range, the ICE can take over. Long trips might be 25% of the total mileage so that's a massive reduction in emissions, especially since engine efficiency is usually highest on the highway where speeds are constant. It's the acceleration that sucks up the gas.

Trump will undo Pedo-Joe's bullshit mandate on Day 1.
C'mon, November! Let's get it on!
I expect he will. But you know what? The tide is coming in. Literally and figuratively. By all means... grab a bucket.

You see that light coming at you? I do. It's the progress train. And it ain't stopping for no one. Global capitalism doesn't give two fucks about your (or my) politics.

And you've got these Stop Oil idiots blocking highways - and it's all bullshit. Obviously the asinine climate Nazis tentacles reach beyond the EU.

Some slacker bureaucrat is given the power to impinge on your life - meanwhile China is belching out oceans of pollutants.

It's my understanding you can be arrested in the UK for social media posts that offend people. I generally view anything the UK does as being the wrong way.

I wonder how "energy compliant" the royal palaces are?

Back