Cannot save Reaper file to required drive !!

BriamJH

I have Reaper 7 on my C drive. I do not like it, so I made a D partition and downloaded a V6 to the D drive. I am now trying to set up Reaper V6 to work on my D drive. However, try as I may, Reaper will not let me save to the D drive. Every time I try to open a new project, I am required to "save" another file. Screen A shows where I want to go. ( I type this in). However, when I hit SAVE, it goes to the C drive (screen B). How do I get Reaper to save to the drive I want. I am pulling my (very little !|!) hair out. Many thanks, Brian

Update: I can now save to my D drive. However, when I save a file I am constantly asked to resave it i.e. I save a file; I then open new project: I am immediately asked to save the earlier file again. Also, even though I click that it should replace the original it simply adds another "save" file. This becomes a circular problem as i cannot open a new project. I am sure I am doing (or omitting to do) something simple. It is driving me daft !!

Attachments

• Screen A.png
    Screen A.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen B.png
    Screen B.png
    53 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Have you looked at the PATHS option under Preferences? If there is a path specified then that's where Reaper will go first.

I have both v5.99 and V7 on this laptop and I can put projects anywhere I want. The normal place is a D:/ReaperMedia file folder on the D drive, but I have some projects on the C:/Documents/Reaper Files folder. I also have some files on a network server.

. . . Every time I try to open a new project, I am required to "save" another file . . .
If it's the prompts I'm thinking of, you can go Options > Preferences > Project > and deselect 'Prompt to save on new project' and 'Open properties on new project'. Then these two popups won't prompt you at startup or opening.

Also... you should Install Reaper as a "Portable" install and it will keep all Reaper associated files in that D:\ folder and nothing on your C:\ drive.

Back