Can Sonar VSTi (s) work with any other DAW software?

kratos

I dont have sonar but i like the studio virtual instruments package and was wondering before buying it, whether it work with other DAW software such as reason or FL studio.

Thanks

Yes, there is no proprietary code in Sonar VSTi"s that I'm aware of. They will work in just about any VST host, although I've had some trouble with Ableton recognizing them.

I have had problems with Sonar VSTi's crashing Cubase. (Old version of Cubase, ymmv.....)

maybe

I dont have sonar but i like the studio virtual instruments package and was wondering before buying it, whether it work with other DAW software such as reason or FL studio.

Thanks

in theory VSTis will work on any system that supports them

that said, i would check the specific software out and verify it even though the moderators and KIAs here think you should just buy them all and see what works

which part are you aaamazed at

i asked a similar question
and got blown away with hostile arrogant answers
several of which said just buy it and try it and
stop trying to figure out if it would work before spendign my money

1 - We don't sell the products, we don't want people to rush into buying something.

2 - Most things do work together. Research will back it up. If it doesn't work, return it.

3 - You get hostile answers because you're an idiot.

4- The part I'm amazed at is that he hasn't banned you yet.

The only one I've seen that is a problem is True Pianos. It is a Sonar edition and if you try it in another DAW, it comes up with a box that says it is a Sonar edition and links you to their website to buy the full blown version.

Back