Can perspiration damage your guitar?

I see. I think I'm ok. Doesn't really seem to be changing in anyway. I keep it pretty clean and wipe it down after I'm done playing. It's mostly the area where the right arm rests on the guitar.

I use the Martin SP 7200 Lifespan Coated Medium Acoustic Strings along with the GHS Fast-Fret. I can usually get a few weeks with this combination. Maybe even 3 weeks if I'm waiting for new strings to come in the mail. I tried the Martin SP Bluegrass strings which felt like they had a bit more tension, but really did sound nice. Main problem is with in the first week they would be all corroded, changing colors and getting rusty lol. I HATE THAT. I hate that more than anything and it bugs the shit out of me when strings get like that. Then they also seems to cause more friction and screw up my playing a little.

So, I switced back to the life span strings and the first chord felt like a sigh of relief. Plays like a hot knife though butter :D

Something else that can suffer from sweaty paws is a gun. Same combination of metal and fine woods.

Gunstocks are generally oiled and need no further protection save a monthy wipe with liseed oil.

The metalwork is protected best with silicone oil. This can be had in the form of an impregnated cloth or you can buy the oil and use one of "her" jumpers.

Gunshops over here rip you off for a few CCs of oil (but it does last a long time). Seek out a friend who services photocopiers!

Dave.

We're talking guitars here, not guns. Although much like a guitar and even your wiener, you should clean if after you're done using it :thumbs up:

I've been using the Lifespan strings too, but don't have to worry about the sweating problem around here except for a couple of weeks in August! Did you know that Cleartone does the coating of the Martin strings? But I'm told they don't use quite the same formula as they do for their own brand - but at $10/set instead of $15/set, the difference is neglible, IMO.

I don't mind the Texas weather I lived here my whole life born and raised in San Antone. Once you get into the Rio grande valley it gets much worse. So thick and humid it's even hard to breathe if you're not use to it. I've been here for over 5 years and have adapted to it, but man nothing like once you're right out of the valley. It's almost like things dramatically change lol.

Jesus.

That would kill me.

I broke into a huge sweat cleaning my studio on Friday - it was a (for us) balmy 59 degrees outside

Back