Can anyone identify whats causing this crackling sound?

Haha! i dont think it'll be nuendo though to be honest because even when im just playing through pod studio theres still the buffer issue. Iv tried all the different settings and nothing is helping! 512 and 24 dont seem to be working and even when i increase the buffers to extra large it still aint happening! also iv just tried out 3 different sets of cables and no luck! fuck sake :eek:

man I run the GX on about 5ms of latency with 216 buffers...I wonder if the units died

sorry i couldnt help man, thats fucked :(

The buffer issue seems to have gone away :eek: but now every now and then there is a really bad painfully load static noise through the headphones! anyone know whats causing this? my ears would really like to know. Luckily it doesnt come out on a recording though!

I rarely get to run anything less than 1024 but then, my PC is only for editing.
Curious, are you running midi tracks and if so, how many?

Just playing through pod studio and recording an audio track with reaper. well trying to. btw the buffering thing is back :laughings:

Sounds like a computer resource issue to me. Disable the networking and anything else that you're not using and see if that helps. I'm not familiar with that setup, but what specs are we talking here? 1GHz with 256MB RAM? You might check to see that the interface in the control panel matches the specs that you're trying to play at. If it has to convert (resample) and other things, that could chew up a lot of resources for no good reason. You might also try 16 bit instead of 24 bit for synth type stuff. That should be a 30% boost in resources --- if only in theory.

Just playing through pod studio and recording an audio track with reaper. well trying to. btw the buffering thing is back :laughings:

man if its doing it with reaper too you must have either

a) a prehistoric PC

b) a fucked GX

either ones not great :o

Got a brand new pc with 2.10 ghz proccesor 3 gb of ram and 250gb hd. I've finally fixed it! I just did a load of things from an "optimize your system for audio recording" from the line 6 tech team and its working! Disabled wireless and increased virtual memory and a few other tweaks!

The buffer issue seems to have gone away but now every now and then there is a really bad painfully load static noise through the headphones! anyone know whats causing this? my ears would really like to know. Luckily it doesnt come out on a recording though!

Do you have a smart phone (********** etc.)? If you do, leave it in another room.

Back