California Dreamin' - Heavy Metal Folk!

CarmenC said:
Sorry, but my friend Cheryl on the fluglehorn might take offense to that...; )
Carmen

If that is a real horn than you sucked the life out of it; made the performance really dry and uninspiring.

All in all, not a bad rendition. :cool:

Totally cool except for the horn solo! How bout a rippin guitar? Other than
that.....I LOVE IT!!!! Nice job!!! Great Vox!

Wow. I love this song! The original anyway. This is a great freaking version. But I agree with putting a screaming guitar in it and I also think the electric rhythm guitar should be brought up just a BIT. Maybe just some definition. The vocals are almost perfect. But I hear a bit of over-modulation in the lead vocal. But I really like what you've done to this song! Just a few mods and it will be perfect.

Yeah sounds pretty good man. Drums sound kinda real with the right amount of reverb so they blend niceley. I like the vocal sound, was it pitch corrected or what? what did you use? doubling, good voice?
You do need to watch your panning though, most of the tune seems at bit unbalanced in the panning departement. Might be your style but i dont really like it. I like mixes to be balanced in panning but not like a mirror image or anything if you know what i mean.
Sounds like you had a nice vocal distorter to thicken it up or maybe double tracking.

lol...I know this is a really old thread, but on the off chance that the poster comes back...if you don't mind using autotune, and God knows I love it, USE SOME ON THAT FREAKING HORN!!!

:D

DigitalSmigital said:
I only know what I like, and I liked Dreamin'.

Well said!
Some people seem to lose focus on what its all about....the music man!
(and i wasnt trashing ANYONE who replied to this thread..im generalizing)

Papa John wrote some incredible tunes.

There are some great harmonies here. I'd get rid of the horn solo.

Has the original poster even been back here since he posted this song? It's been here awhile, and apparently, someone is getting kicks out of reserecting old posts. I posted in one that Manning started about a year ago thinking he'd come back. I didn't pay attention to the original post date and embarrassed myself. This has got to stop. If the person who started the thread didn't come back and resurrect it, let it stay dead. I know this annoys more than just me....

Rokket said:
Has the original poster even been back...

Hey, Rokket, I checked that and he hasn't been back since about a month after he originally posted it. I'm the one who keeps bumping it every three or four months because I think it's just great and shows how much you can do in a home studio. It's one of my all time faves.

And every time I bump the song a lot of people seem to enjoy it. Sorry if it causes you any embarassment or inconvenience.

apl said:
Hey, Rokket, I checked that and he hasn't been back since about a month after he originally posted it. I'm the one who keeps bumping it every three or four months because I think it's just great and shows how much you can do in a home studio. It's one of my all time faves.

And every time I bump the song a lot of people seem to enjoy it. Sorry if it causes you any embarassment or inconvenience.
It's all good, I guess. It wasn't this particular thread, there have been lots of them that sit for months, and then suddenly pop back up. It was my fault for not looking at the post date in the Manning thread, anyhow. I guess I should just learn to be more tolerant and watch what I am doing... :o

Back