Cakewalk Pro Audio 9/Windows XP

brzilian said:
Lets see...

For starters PA 9.x doesn't support low latency WDM or ASIO drivers. The Delta cards are awesome cards, but go to waste with your choice in software.

Why spend a few hundred bucks on really nice hardware when you will use it with an obsolete and discontinued piece of software that doesn't even hold a light to Cakewalk's current entry level offerings (Home Studio 2)?

1. You can buy really nice hardware and go to Sonar when you're ready;

2. You're used to the obsolete and discontinued software and see no reason to play the upgrade game;

3. It works;

4. Sonar doesn't make the music sound any better.

I've used CWPA 9 since it was introduced, with a Q10 and Win XP (started with 98). Simply put, it does what I need it to do. I don't need loops and samples and software synths and all that. I RECORD and COMPOSE with it, and it works great. I bought Sonar when it first came out, and - granted I'm sure it's changed loads since then - used it once and went back to the tried and true.

AGCurry said:
1. You can buy really nice hardware and go to Sonar when you're ready;

2. You're used to the obsolete and discontinued software and see no reason to play the upgrade game;

3. It works;

4. Sonar doesn't make the music sound any better.

I've used CWPA 9 since it was introduced, with a Q10 and Win XP (started with 98). Simply put, it does what I need it to do. I don't need loops and samples and software synths and all that. I RECORD and COMPOSE with it, and it works great. I bought Sonar when it first came out, and - granted I'm sure it's changed loads since then - used it once and went back to the tried and true.

You're loss. Home Studio 2 gives you everything Sonar 2.2 had for under $100. Sounds like a no brainer to me...

I know this was years ago, but does the Win Xp still work ok?

the Tascam 2488 looks like a cool machine without the hassles of a pc. however, i do like the ability to put the waveforms from a recording up on the screen and cut pieces out, etc. i don't know if you can do that with the tascam. i do have the very first tascam 4 track cassette recorder from over 20 years ago that i still use for getting ideas down fast. i still use and love it.
i also like to use the notation staff view to enter/edit midi notes with the mouse. i am guilty of letting the technology overshadow the music sometimes so the 2488 probably lets you concentrate more on the music.

It is now 2013 and just bought the Yamaha MM6 and want to use Cake Audo Pro 9 but how do I use that USB port from keyboard to Laptop? Need help to know how to make them read each other don't I? Do I need any assistance from knowledgable Cake users? YES YES YES

Back