Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.03 Issue w/Vista

JT74

Hi all:

I've been using Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 for about 6 years now. I've never had issues on win98, win2000 or XP.

Got a new laptop with Vista and now running into issues. Thanks to help on forum I overcame first issue, of software not even opening by opening as Administrator. Now I've come into 2 other issues as follows:

1. The out-of-box effects won't open. I installed FX2 and FX3 as well as BBE. Those work fine. But the effects that come with and install with Pro Audio 9 do not work.

2. Latency. My first track records fine. However there is about a 1/4 second to 1/2 second latency on my second track. Can't figure out what's causing it. IDT High Definition Audio CODEC i think is the type of soundcard.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi all:

I've been using Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 for about 6 years now. I've never had issues on win98, win2000 or XP.

Got a new laptop with Vista and now running into issues. Thanks to help on forum I overcame first issue, of software not even opening by opening as Administrator. Now I've come into 2 other issues as follows:

1. The out-of-box effects won't open. I installed FX2 and FX3 as well as BBE. Those work fine. But the effects that come with and install with Pro Audio 9 do not work.

2. Latency. My first track records fine. However there is about a 1/4 second to 1/2 second latency on my second track. Can't figure out what's causing it. IDT High Definition Audio CODEC i think is the type of soundcard.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cakewalk does not support Vista. No drivers. I'm running CWPA 9.03 on an old Win SE box and it's steady as a rock.

Back