Buying used headphones

DarrenVocal

I'm interested in buying one from my area as I've contacted a seller that sells a Sennheiser HD 598 that is about a year and a half. Is there anything bad about getting used headphones or anything? How do I know if its a fake one and stuff?

You will be unlikely to spot a counterfeit, but how do you know how the unit has been treated/abused? They are $188 new on Amazon - for that you get a warranty.

It may be, and probably is, just preconceived notions or ethnocentrism, but counterfeits might be more prevalent in Singapore than Europe/USA. Nevertheless I think you'd have to be very unlucky. I buy most of my stuff used and never came across anything fake. I don't think you will either. If the price is good, I'd say go for it.

You will be unlikely to spot a counterfeit, but how do you know how the unit has been treated/abused? They are $188 new on Amazon - for that you get a warranty.

They're for $188 new on Amazon, but they only ship in the US, I live in Singapore.
Do you know of any other websites that sells them for that cheap and ships to Singapore?
In Singapore they sell it for $400 retail.

Check out e-bay. I think a lot of sellers there ship internationally and some of them are new from stores.

www.e-bay.com

But really, I would just get the used ones. Sennheiser is quality stuff and they probably will not break. Ask the seller for photos and ask him or her about the condition of the headphones.

Check out e-bay. I think a lot of sellers there ship internationally and some of them are new from stores.

www.e-bay.com

But really, I would just get the used ones. Sennheiser is quality stuff and they probably will not break. Ask the seller for photos and ask him or her about the condition of the headphones.

Well, thank you for suggestion ebay, but I do know of it and have checked it. It isn't a really good idea to get stuff from ebay, let alone the price that I see there. Well, I got photos and they were looking pretty alright, so I think I'm safe. He said its in excellent condition.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Well, thank you for suggestion ebay, but I do know of it and have checked it. It isn't a really good idea to get stuff from ebay, let alone the price that I see there. Well, I got photos and they were looking pretty alright, so I think I'm safe. He said its in excellent condition.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Wait, what?

Did you buy something?

Ebay allows you recourse if you receive merchandise that is not what the seller described. Though it could be a big hassle if it turns out bad, but you will have recourse if in fact your are taken advantage of. Ebay not bad. Some humans are.

Interested in hearing what you did here. :)

Alright guys! I just bought the headphones yesterday and apart from some issues with the headband having black stains, hairline cracks at headband holder ( not really sure what I should call that ) . The sound is great, just like the one I've tried at a local store.

Well, the most (and actually the only) important thing is obviously that they sound great, but that is not what I would call "excellent condition".

Same here, although I had half a mind to give the seller a good scolding, I decided not to because I was rushing for time.

Back