Buying a Quality Classical Guitar :D

Fariz

Hey Guys, My dad is bringing me to Spain for holidays, and he said if he i do good in my guitar exam which i will :D, he'll get me a handmade classical guitar by a random spanish dude. But i don't really know which one to buy, how do i know which one is good?

I'm looking for : Loud
Feels and Sounds good when you play it
Easy to play
Looks Good :D

So guys, tell me what are good specs for a good classical guitars?
and also, whats the difference between 12 frets and 14 frets ?

12 fret versus 14 fret refers to where the neck meets the body. So with a 14-fret guitar, you'll have a little more access to the upper frets.

I think that any well-made guitar will fit your requirements of looking good, sounding good, and being a joy to play. When you hold it and play it yourself, you'll have to be the judge. Things I'd check for would be strings buzzing against the frets in different positions, difficulty in getting it in tune and/or keeping it in tune, how well the action is set (goes hand-in-hand with how easy it is to play), the quality and appearance of the top, back, and sides.

Also, have somebody sit and play the guitar in front of you so you can hear it as an audience would hear it. Acoustics sound different from the player's perspective vs. the listener's perspective.

Good luck!

12 fret versus 14 fret refers to where the neck meets the body. So with a 14-fret guitar, you'll have a little more access to the upper frets.

I think that any well-made guitar will fit your requirements of looking good, sounding good, and being a joy to play. When you hold it and play it yourself, you'll have to be the judge. Things I'd check for would be strings buzzing against the frets in different positions, difficulty in getting it in tune and/or keeping it in tune, how well the action is set (goes hand-in-hand with how easy it is to play), the quality and appearance of the top, back, and sides.

Also, have somebody sit and play the guitar in front of you so you can hear it as an audience would hear it. Acoustics sound different from the player's perspective vs. the listener's perspective.

Good luck!

Alright thanks mate !

Back