Burn audio CD from .nrg CD image?

ecktronic

Mixing and Mastering.
I have checked many threads in different forums trying to find the answer to this:

Is it possible to burn an audio CD from a .nrg CD image?

I used Nero and started an audio CD session, I then added in the audio files and added the ISRC codes and track names to each audio file.
I then clicked burn, and saved it as a .nrg file.

I cannot seem to burn an audio CD from the .nrg file, but if anyone can help me out with this problem that would be great.

Cheers

I have checked many threads in different forums trying to find the answer to this:

Is it possible to burn an audio CD from a .nrg CD image?

I used Nero and started an audio CD session, I then added in the audio files and added the ISRC codes and track names to each audio file.
I then clicked burn, and saved it as a .nrg file.

I cannot seem to burn an audio CD from the .nrg file, but if anyone can help me out with this problem that would be great.

Cheers

What happens when you try to burn using that file? I don't see why it shouldn't, as it is a CD image and I assume you are using Nero to try burn it? I'd stick to ISO in future though, as it's a standard disk image that any programme can use. You can even open it up using 7-zip or mount it to a virtual CD/DVD/Blu-Ray drive.

I thought iso's and nrg's were interchangeable. In fact, I thought you could even rename a .nrg to an iso, or vice-versa, and it's still burn just fine. I might be wrong, but I thought I did that in the past. In any case, either will burn an audio cd just fine.

I thought iso's and nrg's were interchangeable. In fact, I thought you could even rename a .nrg to an iso, or vice-versa, and it's still burn just fine. I might be wrong, but I thought I did that in the past. In any case, either will burn an audio cd just fine.

As .nrg is Nero's own file type, it isn't of much use other than inside Nero. Whereas .iso is compatible with pretty much all programmes where a disk image is needed.
He also mentions that the .nrg is not actually working to burn his CD at all now, which is why I mentioned that .iso can be used in a number of programmes, so he could try that out and see if it was just Nero playing up.

Thanks all, I have managed to burn an audio CD from my .NRG file, and managed to test that the track names and ISRC codes were in the image.
Yeah audio files don't work for ISOs, that's why I used a .NRG.

I'm now wondering if there is a more universal file extension I could use so that more people can use the image. Any suggestions more than welcome.

Thanks,
G

The only "bullet-proof" image is DDP. But few (if any) consumer programs work with it. A bin/cue is probably as 'universal' as anything else, but even with that, I don't specifically know many consumer programs that deal with them. They might all work - I have no idea.

FTR, I licensed an OEM DDP utility just so I wouldn't have to deal with these things.

Thanks John, maybe in the near future someone will make a universal file extension for CD images that is used on most consumer programmes, this would be a revolution in online Mastering.

G

Back