Building a rack cart.

arcadeko

Illuminatius Overlordious
I think i am going to build a rack cart. Anyone know of a good place to get cheap rails? Or anyone here build one that might have some pointers?

Maybe this should go in DIY

Last edited:
Hey Wes they do sell a slanted studio rack. Has no sides or back, comes with wheels.
I'll try to find you a link.
I don't believe that they cost that much especially used

If not pictures of it will yield you a good enough blue print to weld away.

HERE you go Wes.
This is what I had in mind. Easy to get to the rear of the units, on wheels etc.

12 spaces will fill up fast!!!!

Around here we have a few surplus/salvage electronic stores and I in the past have picked up these huge racks for like $50. about six feet high all metal with a door some still had lights, fans and power strips still in them .... they were used for computers and such .... look around for a place that sells second hand like that Wes.

I had one of the racks like in moresound's second post, here. Never really loved it. I mean, it was okay, just nothing spectacular. Got it free, sold it for $30- 12-space rack rails cost about $12 each, so when the one person who responded to my post asked if I'd take less, I said no- I figured I wanted to get enough to cover the cost of replacement rack rails if I ever needed some.

If you build your own, arca, you would really want to make it more sturdy than the one moresound showed. Once you get the angle right, you won't need to change it, so I would built it out of plywood or such.

This thing is probably going to be for live use. First thing I was getting was an amp. So maybe I called it the wrong thing. I was gonna make a black box covered in felt on wheels.

Here's a pic of the rack I built a few years back and some other fun stuff.

T3 006.jpg

CPC over here in england are doing some great deals on rack shelves and accessories (btw i dont work for them ) just thought it might help

I have a fully decked out workshop and all the materials already sitting in my garage from another project I am working on. So I don't think it will be too complicated. The only thing I need to buy is handles and rack rails. Doesn't seem like it's too complicated.

Hey Wes be sure and get recessed handles!

Back