Tascam 388: Anyone have a mouser cart for a recap?

johnsonic5000

Hello everyone! Started to put together a mouser cart to recap my 388, and was thinking there must be an easier way!

Has anyone done this & are willing to share the cart?

If I build my own, anything I should look out for?

Thank you!

Yep! Spent the last night looking at the parts list in the manual for values, comparing them against what's on the board and getting package size, some are bipolar and not marked as such in the manual, finding them on Mouser with currently available parts. Took me an after work evening to get through the rec/play card. I'd have to imagine other folks have done the same and was wondering if a cart could be shared so others can use it as a jumping off point. Was tracking them on an excel but Mouser allows people to build shopping carts and share with others.

Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 6.36.12 PM.png

I’ll have to look. The last 388 recap I did was over 10 years ago and I’m not sure I even created a spreadsheet for it, much less a saved cart on Mouser…

The values of those two caps are readily available. Personally I do t think it is money well-spent to get FG series caps on a 388. I use KT series. Still high quality, still audio grade, 105C temp rating, but more affordable and easier to get.

Back