Bridge pins on acoustics

OK, now I am going to show my ignorance. When we were talking acoustics, I was tracking. But for the electric, what Meclazine said make little sense to me as now the pickups come into play more than wood, bridge (other than sustain) etc. So, other than action on the next, seems to me all of the things that were stated for acoustic really have little effect on an electric.

What he said was nonsense ignore it..

Not much to add, except to say I'd avoid metal (e.g. aluminum) bridge pins. I've tried them, and they seemed to tear up the wood in the body of the guitar where they come out.

Not much to add, except to say I'd avoid metal (e.g. aluminum) bridge pins. I've tried them, and they seemed to tear up the wood in the body of the guitar where they come out.

I heard the same thing from the guitar repair person at a guitar shop in Kansas City. I'm trying to find some replacement pins for a Yamaha 12-string. They apparently have a rather odd taper. The place I'd ordered them from [Luthier's Mercantile] had them in two different tapers and neither of them fit.

Back