BR1600CD locking up

neogardguitar

Just got my unit back from Roland with repairs to the CD drive. They also upgraded the software. Now I'm having trouble with the unit freezing whenever I use the reverse or forward button. Anyone else finding this? Any suggestions? Thanks

I have not been unfortunate as yet (touch wood) to have suffered this problem, however I strongly suggest that you let your local dealer who handled your repair know of your problem. I would suggest you contact Roland themselves and voice your annoyance in a very diplomatic manner.
Did you buy the unit new?

I been hearing about some dodgey hard drives lately, namely: MAXTOR. I could be wrong here but I have a horrible feeling the BR1600 has this type. I don't know enough about hard drives to be able to detemine if this could be the problem. :confused:
Hang around someone will be along that may give you a more definitive answer.

I think I have it fixed

Just an FYI in case this helps. I managed to fix the problem (I hope, seems to be working now). What I did was I backed up all my songs and then reformatted the drive. Seems to have done the trick.

I have recently backed up all my songs before I carried out the upgrade to version 2.0, as I mentioned earlier in this forum it was a long and arduous task, something like 11 CD's and 4 hours of backing up.
One thing I did realize half way through backing up was to go through and optimize all my recorded tracks, which reduces the file size by erasing all the space taken up by editing etc.
An example if I remember rightly was a song that was approx 4000mb in size and after optimizing was reduced down to around 500mb.

Glad to hear you have your problem soughted out! :)

Back