Bowden B bender

I just bend the strings with my fingers like a normal person. Why would anybody want that monstrosity protruding from their guitar?

I just bend the strings with my fingers like a normal person. Why would anybody want that monstrosity protruding from their guitar?
Really? You get a lot of nice clean pedal steel type intra-chord bends that way? Please post us a video of how you manage that.

I can see that this could be quite a useful on an acoustic guitar with various open tunings. Not sure I want to pay that much for it though!

Also not sure the unspecified waiting time, the "only just got some more materials in so I'll get cracking again" comment on the front page, and the "pay me $100 more and I'll let you jump the queue and delay everyone else's order" philosophy.

Sorry I don't give free guitar lessons.
Fine. Just post an audio example. Play a full chord or even a top string triad. Bend the B string a full step up while letting the other strings ring at their original pitch.

Fine. Just post an audio example. Play a full chord or even a top string triad. Bend the B string a full step up while letting the other strings ring at their original pitch.

Ok..I'm not sure why anyone would want to do that, but since I'm not busy I'll go ahead and humor you. This clip is my Les Paul plugged directly into the interface with some reverb added post recording.

View attachment Triad Bend.mp3

I can see that this could be quite a useful on an acoustic guitar with various open tunings. Not sure I want to pay that much for it though!

Also not sure the unspecified waiting time, the "only just got some more materials in so I'll get cracking again" comment on the front page, and the "pay me $100 more and I'll let you jump the queue and delay everyone else's order" philosophy.

I didn't get as far as the comments page, but I've been aware of various B-bender schemes over the years. I'm mostly interested in it as somewhat of a musical oddity. A heckuva lot cheaper than a Hipshot Bender and you can go back to a regular guitar. I've got a lot of guitars laying around and it it looks like something fun.

Back