Boss BR900CD

brian woolley

Help please

I've recorded 5 tracks for 1 song (Two of us by The Beatles) and am desperately trying to add a drum track to them.

I realise that because a preset will not fit, i will have to make up my own drum patterns and i have a rough idea how to do that. However i cannot match this up to the tracks or copy it to the song. Everything else on the equipment is really good but i am stumped. Perhaps its an age thing.

Help please

I've recorded 5 tracks for 1 song (Two of us by The Beatles) and am desperately trying to add a drum track to them.

I realise that because a preset will not fit, i will have to make up my own drum patterns and i have a rough idea how to do that. However i cannot match this up to the tracks or copy it to the song. Everything else on the equipment is really good but i am stumped. Perhaps its an age thing.

Are you trying to input a rhythm track using preset patterns, or recording a new track? If new, real time or step? The manual gives all the details. BOSS U.S. - Product Manuals

Advice: hope you used the metronome when recording your tracks, if you didn't you will probably find your timing varies enough that it is hard/impossible to set a rhythm pattern to it. Next time record a scratch track first to a metronome, then program/record your drum track (you can keep it simple and add fills and changes later) and record your tracks to that.

Hey Brian,
I have the BR-864 - the older model. If you recorded with the metronome, you can enable the rhythm track and choose a preset. You probably didn't though because in order to use the metronome you must enable the rhythm track and scroll down to the correct click for the song (4/4, 3/4, etc.).
So, unfortunately if you want drums on this recording you will either have to start over, or add real drums. I havent used the rhythm pads so I couldn't help you with that and I just reread you post - that's what you're asking.

For future reference: Click the [Arrange/Pattern/Off] button twice and scroll down to Metro. The button will light up and you can exit out of that. You can set the bpms in the upper right corner, but be sure to write down what tempo you have it at because when you turn the machine off and back on it will reset to 120.

You can also play around with it and instead of using a click you can start with drums and change it later.

Hope this helps.

Back