Boss BR-1100 HARD DISK

SteelWeed2010

I have some issues with this recorder. I have recorded and got some good mixes but I have somehow lost complete songs while I was working on them. Somehow I am creating a fatal but not sure how. HELP!!

What kind of error messages are you getting? Is the hard drive full? If you fill up the remaining free space while recording/mixing, you will probably lose anything you were working on after the last save.

I have mixed down and used compression. When I listen through my headphones it sounds great, but when I use PC speakers it sounds terrible. How can I get the sound I hear in speakers to be more like what I hear in the headphones?

Get different headphones? Headphones present an unrealistic sound to your ears from their proximity. If you mix with headphones, you have to learn how to adjust so that the mix sounds good elsewhere. No matter your monitor situation, you need to learn how to make it sound good on any system. Mix, burn a CD< then listen to it on every different system you can - home stereo, friend;s stereo, car system. Make notes on what needs to be adjusted, remix, do it again. Eventually you will intuit what the sound needs to be like in your headphones to sound good elsewhere. There are endless debates in other sections of this forum on the headphone vs monitor thing.

Thanks. I was an Audio Tech for 10 years and worked with Adobe Audition. I took mixes from that down to cassette and it sounded better than this. Maybe I should do the mixing with the small PC speakers and make it sound good from there. Then compare to other systems and speakers with another cd. I have used other software as well and never had a problem getting a good mixdown that transfered well to CD. Yes the headphones are deceiving me.

Back