Black Friday 2016 - Music Gear Deals

Dear retailers,
you are not trying hard enough. I'm going to be generous and give you another chance to spend my money. Please try harder.

Thanks,

cheesehead

Yeah man...most of the deals are tight, and the real good ones, hard to find this year...but I managed to score a few things for decent prices.

Well I got a casio xw pd1 for $99 instead of $299, no bad...too cheap to pass up even though its a bit of a toy

Waves coupon code CM30 for an extra $30 off Cyber-Monday.

Trouble is...they raised the sale prices back up...so the $30 off gets you less than what you could have gotten on Black Friday. :D

Like...they had the DBX 160 plug on sale for $39...now it's on sale for $89, minus the $30 coupon, and you end up paying $59....so actually $20 more than over the weekend....but then, they've done it like that every year...Cyber MOnday is always more expensive than the BF weekend.

Trouble is...they raised the sale prices back up...so the $30 off gets you less than what you could have gotten on Black Friday. :D

Like...they had the DBX 160 plug on sale for $39...now it's on sale for $89, minus the $30 coupon, and you end up paying $59....so actually $20 more than over the weekend....but then, they've done it like that every year...Cyber MOnday is always more expensive than the BF weekend.

Musician's Friend does that all the time. If you really want deals you have to be checking the prices year round.

Oh yeah, definitely agree there. I was just posting the coupon.

The gold bundle is still $199 though (same price as Black Friday), so not ALL of their pricing has been adjusted. But certainly a good "buyer beware".

Yeah...some of the Waves items held their earlier sale prices. That's not a bad deal on the Gold bundle...though I've enough Waves plugs for a few bundles. :)

I'm really taking a hard look before buying any more plugs...the price has to be practically a steal, and/or the plug has to be some type I don't have (not much chance of that) or a totally new thing that no one did before (not much chance of that either). :D

Like the Soundtoys 5 deal right now...a real hard look....
I only have 3 of their plugs, and I think 2 were free and one I bought for like $29 maybe a year or two ago...but right now, they are offering a great update to their new Soundtoys 5 "everything" bundle, and the price of the deal is based on what you already have of theirs.
So like...if you purchased a bunch of their plugs...your deal to go to the "everything" bundle would be very cheap.
I only have the one purchased plug, and they're giving me a deal to get everything for only $209...which I think is like 20 plugs they make.

I dunno...it's a great deal...and I was interested in their Echoboy, which gets top reviews...and alone, it's on sale for $99...so yeah, $209 for everything sounds real good....but I just don't need any more damn plugs. I have like at least 5 of every kind of plug there is, from different brands. A bunch of EQs, a bunch of comps, a bunch of echo/reverbs...a bunch of trem/phase...etc...etc.
I've got plugs I've never used on a track to date...:facepalm:....but it's a damn good deal for $209! :p

My soundtoy plugs are all free or pay what you want mini versions (for syrian refugee charity) so my offer was $135!

Ridiculously cheap and i still cant bring myself to buy them...I dont need any plugs, nothing, cant think of one...not even a vsti. Im finally full.

We all seem to be in the same boat - looking for deals for things we don't actually need.

We all seem to be in the same boat - looking for deals for things we don't actually need.

From one addiction to another ;)

It's called GAS and most of us here suffer from it....Gear Acquisition Syndrome

I'm trying my best to purge gear and have done half ass OK at it but I still have a bit of stuff I haven't actually used in years that I need to lose... yet there I am looking on Offerup, Craigslist, Ebay , Amazon etc....for something I don't need...

I did end up buying the 8" Presonus sub from sweetwater, shipped for $329. I liked that it had passive filtering to my monitors (zero phase issues and signal overlap in the lower frequencies), and will be using TRS cabling from the interface to have things wired ideally and noise-free. Right now I have a respectable setup using a headphone amp to route everything, but it's not perfect or ideal.

GAS in full effect considering the 8" Energy sub I've been using is actually really good for its age/price. ;)

Back