Beyerdynamic TG V70D vs. TG V71D

Cinege42

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with these two microphones? Sadly my local store does not let me try out both mics to compare them. I'm definitely going to buy one of them, it's going to be for live use and for female vocals, but I'm not sure which way to go...I've found a small amount of information on the net about the differences between the two, and that didn't help me out much. The reason I want to choose one of them is because the singer in question had a chance to try out a V70D once at a rehearsal place and it really suited her voice, sounded an insane amount better than a Beta58 that we were using up until now.

So opinions and recommendations are welcome :)

Thanks!

Won't let you try them? In the store or out live? If they won't let you try them in the store, go to a new store.

If the V70D was fine at rehearsal I would go with that, Having a read of the specs, the difference seems to be the V71D has a different proximity effect, for use with very loud stages or in other works more rejection of noise around the singer. This could be good but the singer will need to stay right on the mic or the volume will drop off quicker. Apart from this the 2 mics will properly sound the same.

Alan.

Not an uncommon policy in many US states due to health regulations. I too would simply go with the one she has sampled and liked. Microphone choice is a very personal matter, if she likes the 70 go with it.

Back