Bets Being Taken

In World War 1 the men sat in trenches of mud and water. Their feet rotted because all they had back then was greased leather boots. Rats were all around feeding on their excrement and the millions of body parts that littered the area. They waited there until the hundred thousand or even more artillery barrage had finished. Then a few seconds later a whistle blew and they climbed out of that trench to try and scramble across a few hundred meters or less of impassable mud and craters to advance against machine guns, rifles, grenades and mortars at almost point blank range.

If they didnt get out of the trench to walk towards almost certain death. They were shot on the spot or executed by firing squad later. In the first day of one such battle nearly 20,000 British soldiers died and over 40,000 were wounded. Four years later tens of millions had died and unknown others were injured in such madness.

In World War 2, I watch the real films of those men standing in the landing craft waiting to land on the D Day beaches in France. They wait bobbing about on the rough sea obviously knowing that they arent going to see another morning. Their faces are expressionless even though some are laughing and joking.

I wonder what they would think of people today not knowing what toilet to use. Not being able to face others and requiring therapy because somebody said a bad word to them. Wanting public recognition and sympathy and to be able to claim disability payments never to work again because they ate to many burgers.

Fat shamed ...............or screaming lead and hot jagged metal. There really is no comparison is there?

Covid?????? ...................They didnt even have antibiotics for a sore throat back in WW1.

I don't go on facebook anymore....it's a minefield of shit to which you struggle to refrain from commenting.

A kid I am related to reposted some such meme, "Old people always complain they had it worse than we do, young people today have it easy. Why do they keep complaining, isn't that the way it should be!"

Couldn't resist and as I am apt to do got a little long winded, tactfully as I could. Reader's Digest version.....I recounted the story line of the Saving Private Ryan movie. After they had finally found Ryan, losing good men along the way, Hank's character Capt. Miller is mortally wounded. A mere school teacher who rose to the occasion to fight for his country and those under his command against those who would destroy all that we hold dear will never make it back home to his own family and friends, back to America. As he is dying Capt. Miller pulls Ryan in closer. His dying words to Ryan, "Earn this. Earn it".

Interesting can you share links to these videos? I'd be interested in sharing with some of my Chinese friends and hearing their thoughts on the when, where's and why's of what sounds to be some pretty horrific stories.

I'm not taking an easy out......but I saw those vids on a website called Liveleak, a sort of no holds barred citizens can post anything vid hosting site. Liveleak no longer exists. Liveleak was not for the faint of heart. If you wanted to see actual vids of events, atrocities and the like that no other website would show, often you could find it on Liveleak.....mass beheadings by islamists, the Christchurch Mosque shooting, killed by cop shootings, all kinds of crazy graphic shit. I quit going there because some things you just can't unsee. I would continue to go there on occasion to form my own opinion on controversial killed by cop incidences. Often the actual unedited vid would be posted there.

I remember going there timeline roughly Dec '19-Jan '20, I believe it was. There were maybe slight media mentions of something going on in China at the time, but very little. Cruising Liveleak I would run across curious vids out of China, bizarre stuff, particularly in not knowing what we now know.

Anyway. I just did a search and all of those type vids haven't been totally scrubbed from the net. Do a search if you're interested. Here's a link near the top of the page to the search I just did. Has some hazmat suited guys dragging people away, some into the back of a van. Honestly, TAE, I would be cautious about involving your friends in China from viewing or commenting on such things. The Chinese government is to be feared.

edit: Correction. THey have welding the doors shut vids at the link, although those in the link weren't among those I have seen in the past.

Reactions: TAE
Liveleak has been replaced with something called itemfix.com. It appears to be largely comprised of the same kind of stuff you might see on youtube(the ghouls in the comment section at liveleak would often complain that liveleak was slacking on the graphic content and becoming more and more like youtube). If anybody is interested in watching "Dildo attack on man trying to rob a sex shop", itemfix.com does has that. :spank:

Crazy Shit mang! And trust me I know that the China gov can come down hard if get out of line or try to deviate from how they expect you to behave. You just have to follow the rules. To be honest as a visitor it's pretty simple stuff and you can enjoy life pretty normally. No Facebook or Google, be respectful and do what you are asked when confronted by a policeman or person of authority..I have never met a single person who feels they have been abused. Most of the people I know there totally thought the government was over reacting to this Virus and were a little pissed and annoyed...Today 19 months later from there perspective is like Damn it sucked but thank goodness they did what they did or we'd be like "them" or worse.. I sure don't want to give up the freedoms we have here but because of those freedoms and the lack of our leaders not knowing what to do, how to go about not letting it get to where it got..we have paid a crazy high price and we aren't done paying... I am not blaming them ..like I said they didn't have a play book to go to. They just didn't know what they didn't know.... My American buddies Chinese partner had a very good friend who was a Billionaire who basically was just scooped up and taken off to a secure prison with zero contact with family...This is when they cracked down on corruption over there a few years ago...they weren't playing ...A billionaire and he didn't have a rats ass of a chance. OBEY! ;)

In World War 1 the men sat in trenches of mud and water. Their feet rotted because all they had back then was greased leather boots. Rats were all around feeding on their excrement and the millions of body parts that littered the area. They waited there until the hundred thousand or even more artillery barrage had finished. Then a few seconds later a whistle blew and they climbed out of that trench to try and scramble across a few hundred meters or less of impassable mud and craters to advance against machine guns, rifles, grenades and mortars at almost point blank range.

If they didnt get out of the trench to walk towards almost certain death. They were shot on the spot or executed by firing squad later. In the first day of one such battle nearly 20,000 British soldiers died and over 40,000 were wounded. Four years later tens of millions had died and unknown others were injured in such madness.

In World War 2, I watch the real films of those men standing in the landing craft waiting to land on the D Day beaches in France. They wait bobbing about on the rough sea obviously knowing that they arent going to see another morning. Their faces are expressionless even though some are laughing and joking.

I wonder what they would think of people today not knowing what toilet to use. Not being able to face others and requiring therapy because somebody said a bad word to them. Wanting public recognition and sympathy and to be able to claim disability payments never to work again because they ate to many burgers.

Fat shamed ...............or screaming lead and hot jagged metal. There really is no comparison is there?

Covid?????? ...................They didnt even have antibiotics for a sore throat back in WW1.
I actually think about things like this all the time. I consider two things about my generation, I was born in 1960.

1) We were the last to grow up and go to concerts and movies for our entertainment. Kids now are content to watch cinerama on cell phones. They're happy to take Molly and move to rhythm instruments without melody for hours. Neither of those are in the slightest appealing when you've seen images so large you lose your breath, or hear a magnificent musician having a great night.

2) All the shit that's taking place now is our fault. We were the first to be coddled. We've gone further in the coddling to the point people can't function in society. It only took a generation or two.

To say we've sunk low as a race is an understatement.

The only thing I wish for is more great new bands that I can go see live when I don't have to wear a mask. Though I'm fine with the social distancing. That would be something, large spots on the floor where people should stand during a concert. I can see that happening.

Crazy Shit mang! And trust me I know that the China gov can come down hard if get out of line or try to deviate from how they expect you to behave. You just have to follow the rules. To be honest as a visitor it's pretty simple stuff and you can enjoy life pretty normally. No Facebook or Google, be respectful and do what you are asked when confronted by a policeman or person of authority..I have never met a single person who feels they have been abused. Most of the people I know there totally thought the government was over reacting to this Virus and were a little pissed and annoyed...Today 19 months later from there perspective is like Damn it sucked but thank goodness they did what they did or we'd be like "them" or worse.. I sure don't want to give up the freedoms we have here but because of those freedoms and the lack of our leaders not knowing what to do, how to go about not letting it get to where it got..we have paid a crazy high price and we aren't done paying... I am not blaming them ..like I said they didn't have a play book to go to. They just didn't know what they didn't know.... My American buddies Chinese partner had a very good friend who was a Billionaire who basically was just scooped up and taken off to a secure prison with zero contact with family...This is when they cracked down on corruption over there a few years ago...they weren't playing ...A billionaire and he didn't have a rats ass of a chance. OBEY! ;)

Call me crazy, but i'm more of a Give me liberty or give me death kinda guy. A reluctant though approving nod to giving a government that kind of power over the people is a very, very slippery slope. There were doctors and journalists who were sounding the alarm about the virus during that period of time, until the Chinese government warned them to silence. They were deemed rumor spreaders who were disrupting social order, or some such Orwellian speak. They were told to cut it out and threatened with prosecution if they did not do so. Imagine the potential for abuse of rounding up people willy nilly, by force.....a troublesome journalist, loudmouth doctor, political opponent, etc etc etc....into the back of the van you go. Hell, they could abduct anyone off the street. Hey, it's for our own good. They had the covid?...well if they didn't have it before, throwing them in the back of a van with those who do?...quarantine time, at minimum. Some came back, and they were very good and behaved themselves. Re-educated to behave themselves, I reckon. Some never to this day have ever been seen by their families again. Curiously, some reappeared but for some reason unknown to their families chose to stay miles away in an entirely different province with unexplained limited contact. Hey, i'm alive, and that's pretty much it.

The government going door to door taking temperatures, and if you happen to have a temperature they drag you and your family(or cohabiters) away and into the back of a van you go.....no sir, I do not agree. Hundreds of thousands if not millions have died on battlefields across the globe to prevent such injustices from happening. Why should dealing with the covid be any different?

I actually think about things like this all the time. I consider two things about my generation, I was born in 1960.

2) All the shit that's taking place now is our fault. We were the first to be coddled. We've gone further in the coddling to the point people can't function in society. It only took a generation or two.

To say we've sunk low as a race is an understatement.
We had a teacher at school who was a fighter pilot in WW2 and was shot down. When he lost his temper with us for playing around he said....'you lot do not know you are born!

We used to laugh at him and ridicule him. Now I know he was so right. We created this mess and gave it all away. Why is it we only realise this when we are older?

Last edited:
We had a teacher at school who was a fighter pilot in WW2 and was shot down. When he lost his temper with us for playing around he said....'you lot do not know you are born!

We used to laugh at him and ridicule him. Now I know he was so right. We created this mess and gave it all away. Why is it we only realise this when we are older?
I had a history teacher who was captured by the Japanese on the first day of the war and held captive throughout the whole ordeal. He lived through a living hell. Teenagers can be assholes and he was known as Crazy Clay because he was a little off....rightfully so. Clayton Atwood captured in Guam December 11th. He shared some stories of being locked in a cage, they'd beat them, spit in their meager amounts of rice and water, humiliate them. poor dude...Personally he was very kind to me a couple of times...Wish I could thank him. Yep these freedoms we enjoy are due to their sacrifices and we can never now how much suffering and agony they endured..In trying to find some info on him today as I wrote this I stumbled upon this one article where Clay is breifly mentioned ...1,386 nights Here's a link to the whole article...dang

1,386 Days and Nights

By the time Guam was attacked, all the medical personnel knew about the devastation in Shanghai and Nanking and at Pearl Harbor. When Guam surrendered on December 10, the Japanese came by the hospital compound and ordered Capt. Lineberry to limit his staff to 20 and move all patients and staff into a single ward. The other staff was to be moved to a nearby church. Marshall remained at the hospital working alongside Dr. Van Peenen and other hospital personnel.

On December 12th, the Japanese gathered 20 staff members including Marshall to the center of the hospital compound and lined them up in a row directly in front of a manned machine gun with another machine gun pointed at them on their right side.
“I had never been so scared in all my life,” Marshall remembered. ”I can truthfully say I know how it feels just before you are put to death. My heart was pounding. I could feel sweat running down my body.”

Instead of being shot they were instead given a long-winded propaganda speech. The trauma of that event later caused Marshall to “black out” and not remember anything for the next three weeks.

It was January 10, 1942 when Marshall and his fellow prisoners were finally removed from the hospital compound and gathered with other POWs from the island—including 300 American military personnel, 200 American civilians, five Navy nurses (including a future director of the Nurse Corps), a serviceman’s wife and her baby, and five Spanish priests. They were marched to the Piti Navy Yard and loaded onto Argentina Maru prison ship destined for Japan. The naval hospital Marshall had left ceased to exist at that point.

Arriving on the morning of January 15th, the prisoners were each given two slices of bread, ferried ashore without blankets or adequate clothing in the cold temperature and across the snowy landscape. The women and child were separated from the men who were photographed and then taken to Zentsuji prison camp, an old army barracks that had housed Russian prisoners during the Russo-Japanese War some forty years earlier. Officers were then separated from enlisted. Enlisted personnel (E-5 and below) were assembled into working parties and assigned to clear the land for planting crops and to work as stevedores loading box cars and ships. The Navy nurses were later exchanged for Japanese prisoners that year aboard the Swedish ship Gripsholm.

Marshall and 150 fellow POWs were relocated to Osaka in June 1942—first interned at the stadium quarters and then the notorious Osaka POW Camp No. 1. At that point, Marshall realized that he and the others were “in it for the long haul” and their plight was not going to be over soon. By the summer of 1942, he was one among 27,000 Americans facing forced labor, starvation, disease, and torture at Japanese prison camps. Forty percent of these American POWs never made it out of those camps.

Marshall served alongside Americans, Australians, British, Chinese, Dutch and Indians at Osaka. He again was assigned backbreaking duty as a stevedore transporting cargo onto ships and unloading freight onto train cars and trucks. At the camp Marshall began suffering respiratory problems. To be sure, showing any weakness was never good and only a limited number of prisoners were permitted to miss work to recuperate. For a time, a Navy pharmacist’s mate second class (Clayton Atwood) ran a sick bay and held daily sick call for the prisoners. There was also a makeshift “hospital” at the stadium, but those who were sent there were often on their last legs and rarely returned. Among the prisoners it was believed that only ten percent of the patients sent to the hospital came back alive. When Marshall began suffering illness he tried to hide his condition as best he could for fear of being sent to the hospital.

Last edited:
LOL we kind of took a left turn here but I like that we did. The woke world we live needs to be woken...entitled, coddled and cuddled. Spoiled...Guess I have finally joined the ranks of the cantankerous old farts club. I know a lot of young people who are responsible hard working but it certainly appears the ratio of those contributing to those sucking on the tit of entitlement has grossly shifted during this crazy new chapter in the history of "man" kind...Oh yeah we're going to quit using that chauvinistic word......damn! what a world , what world what a wonderful world.

Back when I was about 9 years old I had a black Labrador Retriever....about '72 back before having a black lab was a thing. She was a sweet dog, not at all a fighter. Back then everybody let their dogs run free off leash. Behind my house about a block and a half away there was a mean Collie, we all kept away from her. The Collie had made it's way up towards my neck of the block and jumped on my dog. Things got chaotic, and I could see the old gentleman owner of the collie making his way up the hill. Afraid the Collie was going to hurt my dog and trying to get it off my dog I kicked the Collie. I wasn't pulling any punches, but realistically I didn't make good contact and didn't kick the dog hard. As the gentleman got up to where we were to get his dog, clearly upset he said/yelled...

"I fought in the war and now somebody's kicking my dog!"

Of course my first concern was that he was going to yoke me and jerk a knot in my ass. But though I didn't quite understand what one thing had to do with the other, even then I felt bad for the guy. I guess the war and what he experienced was still that fresh and in that traumatic moment resurfaced and boiled over. I never forgot it. Mr. Nease.

Back when I was about 9 years old I had a black Labrador Retriever....about '72 back before having a black lab was a thing. She was a sweet dog, not at all a fighter. Back then everybody let their dogs run free off leash. Behind my house about a block and a half away there was a mean Collie, we all kept away from her. The Collie had made it's way up towards my neck of the block and jumped on my dog. Things got chaotic, and I could see the old gentleman owner of the collie making his way up the hill. Afraid the Collie was going to hurt my dog and trying to get it off my dog I kicked the Collie. I wasn't pulling any punches, but realistically I didn't make good contact and didn't kick the dog hard. As the gentleman got up to where we were to get his dog, clearly upset he said/yelled...

"I fought in the war and now somebody's kicking my dog!"

Of course my first concern was that he was going to yoke me and jerk a knot in my ass. But though I didn't quite understand what one thing had to do with the other, even then I felt bad for the guy. I guess the war and what he experienced was still that fresh and in that traumatic moment resurfaced and boiled over. I never forgot it. Mr. Nease.
He probably thought he had earned some respect. He was probably correct as well. But I remember this which stuck in my mind and is very similar. My old man was obsessed with the war and any war film on the tele we had to watch. In this film (cant remember what film) there was some confrontation in a bar and after it had subsided the man at the center of it remarked to the barman that he had fought in the war, was at a certain place and got a medal. The barman poured his drink and said something like......."You were a hero..............hero's are for wartime.........the wars over buddy!"

I never forgot that and this event was just a few years after the war. Could have been an Audie Murphy film or similar.

Was it all worth it?

In days of old if you fought for your king or masters you were made a knight and given land and wealth. Today even if half of you is left rotting on some far off land, they give you a piece of metal and let you sleep in a cardboard box in some shop doorway.

I wonder if there was a major war tomorrow how would half the men be able to fight without their lipstick and mascara running in the rain.

Mans inhumanity to man...it's a long, winding and bloody road that leads to the beginning of "Man" kind. Boy is that a Oxymoron Man Kind ;) Nature is both beautiful and brutal. It's the nature of the beast. Survival of the fittest ... I want what you got, I'm bigger and badder and I'm taking it from you.
It probably will never end...we're civilized and all now...until we aren't. Life is fast and furious. When all bets are off and our loved ones are in danger, most of us are absolutely ready and willing to go down fighting to the death without a moment of pause for the cause.

War is truly hell...I am so grateful I did not have to fight in one.

Why is it we only realise this when we are older?
YOUTH IS WASTED ON THE YOUNG!

I had a manager who told me that everyday. I finally figured out what he meant about 10 years ago.
LOL we kind of took a left turn here but I like that we did. The woke world we live needs to be woken...entitled, coddled and cuddled. Spoiled...Guess I have finally joined the ranks of the cantankerous old farts club.
I've had the cantankerous old farts discussion with many people, all of them our age.

The country changes each generation, and our generation is out. It was out at the beginning of the century. Life and really living is for the young. So, we might hate it all (I do) but it's not for us. No one aims for our demographic. We had our time, and it's over. Either get into what's being peddled as "art" or there's enough material from early recordings to films that you could probably hear and see something new everyday till the moment you pass into the next world.

The Times They Are A'Changin.

It's life.

Mans inhumanity to man..
War is truly hell...I am so grateful
Mans inhumanity to man..

War is truly hell...I am so grateful I did not have to fight in one.
In reality, you are fighting a losing war with your continued defense of China and the origin of the virus. There are two possible scenarios. The virus was lab created, or the virus originated 1000 miles from Wuhan, samples acquired, and transported to Wuhan for study. The lab lost control. The virus escaped and infected researchers working within that lab, and into the city of Wuhan. The videos that Mick posted are real! What you fail to acknowledge is that China had a responsibility to inform every nation on this planet that a deadly virus was on the verge of spreading globally.

If I were to place a bet my money 100% would be the virus was not "created" in any lab.. To date no one knows for sure how it came about with 100% certainty and to imply otherwise is recklessly irresponsible. Based on what I have read there is a very small chance that a the non "modified " virus was caught by someone in the lab and passed on outside. Like less than 1% chance and much likely happened naturally.

With regard to China warning the world...Not really sure what you think they could have done different. They did let the world know as soon as they realized that they had a new sars variant going rampant in Wuhan. The main stream media told the world in early January that shit was going down....what more do you expect? They only knew for sure shit was going bad in mid December. Do you really think 2 or 3 weeks earlier notice would have made a difference? Did you look at the link of the countries that never let it become epidemic? Fingers keep pointing at China when in fact they were blindsided just like the rest of world.. "yeah but they made it" Fer cryin out loud STFU WE DON'T KNOW THAT. Yes it started there...it doesn't make it their fault. They just were just the unlucky country where it originated and one of the several countries that took more drastic measures to control it than we did. The WHO purposely lied to us about the mask ( because there was going to be a shortage for health care workers) causing a distrust of all information after that...still people argue that mask don't help...it's absurd but true. We still aren't doing temperatures at all public places or tracking with a phone apps. We still aren't taking temperatures at the airport WTF?

If I were to place a bet my money 100% would be the virus was not "created" in any lab.. To date no one knows for sure how it came about with 100% certainty and to imply otherwise is recklessly irresponsible. Based on what I have read there is a very small chance that a the non "modified " virus was caught by someone in the lab and passed on outside. Like less than 1% chance and much likely happened naturally.

With regard to China warning the world...Not really sure what you think they could have done different. They did let the world know as soon as they realized that they had a new sars variant going rampant in Wuhan. The main stream media told the world in early January that shit was going down....what more do you expect? They only knew for sure shit was going bad in mid December. Do you really think 2 or 3 weeks earlier notice would have made a difference? Did you look at the link of the countries that never let it become epidemic? Fingers keep pointing at China when in fact they were blindsided just like the rest of world.. "yeah but they made it" Fer cryin out loud STFU WE DON'T KNOW THAT. Yes it started there...it doesn't make it their fault. They just were just the unlucky country where it originated and one of the several countries that took more drastic measures to control it than we did. The WHO purposely lied to us about the mask ( because there was going to be a shortage for health care workers) causing a distrust of all information after that...still people argue that mask don't help...it's absurd but true. We still aren't doing temperatures at all public places or tracking with a phone apps. We still aren't taking temperatures at the airport WTF?
Dont be so naive.

Last edited:
Back