Best VST Drums???

All of these drum libraries have made it on commercially available albums:

EZ drummer:
Ziltoid72.jpg

Steven Slate:
OceanoD_CD.jpg

Superior and slate:
Divinity+-+The+Singularity.jpg

And I'm sure that Addictive drums has made it on records as well.

Superior drummer 2.0 is by far the best vsti I have encountered. And I have used addictive drums, steven slate drums, and ez drummer. In my opinion, ez drummer if you are on a budget and superior drummer 2.0 if you aren't. Superior drummer has actually made it on albums, perirphery and animals as leaders for example.

Superior Drummer has great sounding cymbals but most of the kicks and snares are so processed that its hard to make them fit in most mixes. Its exactly the opposite of Steven Slate Drums. SSD has awesome kicks and snares, but the cymbals aren't as good. In the end I almost always use SSD. Plus, Steven Slate is a pretty cool dude. He is a member over at the Sneap forum. Can't wait until they release SSD4 this fall. Its supposed to have unprocessed samples.

Dude, what? Slate has the most over mixed processed snares and kicks of any library out.

Superior sounds great, it just requires some effort to get them to sound good with your recording (ya know mixing ;)).

BFD Eco plays like shit on an e kit (the snare especially doesn't play right, unlike all the other libraries I own).

Decent sounds for rock, garbage for metal. You have to do some tweaking to get it to sound right (the samles are REALLY raw).

I've updated my thread if you want to hear it, I thought it was ok for the $30. I wouldn't have bought it for full price:

Lots and Lots of drum software examples - Ultimate Metal Forum

Superior Drummer has great sounding cymbals but most of the kicks and snares are so processed that its hard to make them fit in most mixes. Its exactly the opposite of Steven Slate Drums.

Uhhh...you have that backwards dude. SD 2.0 (and all SDX kit) samples are raw and unprocessed. The EZD/EZX line is more geared towards people who just want grooves to drop into their mix, just like SSD. I prefer shaping my own drum sounds but some of the Superior presets are killer :)

I'm an Addictive Drummer user and I'm very satisfied with the sound it produces. BUT I'm very interested in trying SD2. ;)

I'm an Addictive Drummer user and I'm very satisfied with the sound it produces. BUT I'm very interested in trying SD2. ;)

I have AD and Superior. They are both good in thier own right. I like the custom ability of SD over AD.

You could literally create a 30+ piece drumkit in superior if you took the time to do it (and yeah I can't see the point, but it's there to do). It also isn't a fixed output system like AD, but that's not a killer either. I like them both.

Hi All,

Just wanted to follow-up and let you know that I picked up SSD EX and couldn't be happier. Great sounds, great preset kits. Can't go wrong for 80 bucks. The integration with my DTXpress kit was effortless. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Back