Best stage presence of all time...

Dark Imagery

Would like to see where this thread goes. Top of the list for me is Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull. His stuff is just wild. Check these vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buU-k-nXy2s

Fucking LOL at how Ian waxes Martin's bald head during the solo!

Another great is the dude from Rammstein. Watch how angry he is during such a soft song. Looool. When he throws the mic stand I crack up everytime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rnmEhc4Po

edit: ok anyone want to explain to me how to embed youtube vids in these posts? I embedded then selected all the code and clicked the youtube button on the top...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know I can't get it right all of the time myself.
I've had to have help in the past so I just don't do it any more. Dang utube.

But yes the singer in Rammstein ..... when he is on fire does it for me.

:cool:

edit: ok anyone want to explain to me how to embed youtube vids in these posts? I embedded then selected all the code and clicked the youtube button on the top...

Use just the video ID number. As an example, for your 2nd clip, it is:
10rnmEhc4Po

Then highlight it and click on the YouTube tag.

Stage presence?? Ian Anderson is definitely up there. Angus Young and Brian Scott get a pretty good workout during a show, too.

Right when I saw this post I immediately thought of this video. I think I have to say Adam Lazzara has the best stage presence out of the artists THAT I CAN THINK OF. Most people will say the singing is horrible in this video, but I happen to like it for a few reasons. Anyway, vocals aside, this performance is insane. Go to 2:00 in the video and you'll see what I mean :)

Yes, Ian Anderson is MESMORIZING! At first, I though his hand gestures were affected, and I noticed the mic was set rather low for his height. But the more I watched, the more captivated I became.

Oh wow, that Taking Back Sunday is going straight over to the worst singers ever thread. But yeah, that was interesting.

Way too many for me to list here (Henry Rollins, Corey Taylor w/ Slipknot, Maynard) but one of my all time favs...

He gives 100% crazy energy the entire show and usually is drenched in sweat by the end. I've never been disappointed at a NIN show.

Best stage presence of all time ?
Is this limited to people we've actually seen live or does it include telly, DVD, video and movie stuff ?
Wow, there's alot. Angus Young had great stage presence. Him sitting on first Bon Scott's then Brian Johnson's shoulders while soloing, great touch. Few that I've seen in any genre, to be frank, come close to Sun Ra and his Arkestra. They had immense stage presence and they were just mad ! The double bass player that they had when I saw them rocked and rolled with his double bass like it was a guitar. The whole band were so loud and wild and in your face and they did a three hour gig. Needless to say, everyone left there exhausted !

Oh wow, that Taking Back Sunday is going straight over to the worst singers ever thread. But yeah, that was interesting.

Haha, I knew somebody would say that :) Here is one of their better performances: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn61ITvQ2aI&feature=related and here is them playing a song most people know pretty well, although most people will probably say they destroyed it (Message In A Bottle): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYK928m71E

When I saw them live they were actually a lot better than I thought they would be and they ROCKED the stage.

I already won this thread with Iggy. Yall need not bother anymore.

Yeah, you might have, but you didn't read the contest rules. You gotta post a vid with your FIRST submission.

Sorry, Greg. Disqualified. Hey, I didn't make up the rules...

Yeah, you might have, but you didn't read the contest rules. You gotta post a vid with your FIRST submission.

Sorry, Greg. Disqualified. Hey, I didn't make up the rules...

Yeah, I regularly follow the rules. :laughings: :laughings:

Besides, it doesn't say that at all.

The lead guitarist from Bull Dyke Rodeo is kind of like a guitar-playing David Lee Roth:

(He's the long-haired one on stage left)

The entire band The (Goodyear) Pimps puts on a great show, but a lot of that is their banter:

I like to think that Steve from Regdar and the fighters puts on a good show :D

I already won this thread with Iggy. Yall need not bother anymore.

what!!.. someone like freddie mercury comes to mind straight off .. this guy takes stage presence to 11!

please show me someone that could top that!!

iggy woulnt have held that audience like freddy did ..no way!... and it wasnt even a queen gig!

Last edited:
what!!.. someone like freddie mercury comes to mind straight off ...

That was who immediately came to my mind. Freddie was deeply influenced by Liza.

Buddy Rich, Bird (who????), Jaco, Hendrix, Aretha, James Brown, Michael Jackson, Mick, Sly Stone, Elvin Jones, Art Blakey, Miles.

Back in the day it would have been David Lee and Eddie but now it's kind of pitiful .... Eddie maybe takes 3 steps from his microphone to take a solo and David Lee can't kick higher than his hip now.

:cool:

what!!.. someone like freddie mercury comes to mind straight off .. this guy takes stage presence to 11!

please show me someone that could top that!!

iggy woulnt have held that audience like freddy did ..no way!... and it wasnt even a queen gig!

Freddie Mercury was great, no doubt, but he's tame. His audience was full of peaceful hippies and classic rock dorks. Iggy was dangerous. Iggy didn't just hold a crowd, he was the crowd. All by himself. Freddie Mercury never willingly climbed on top of his crowd and smeared peanut butter all over himself and others. :laughings:

And fuck, while we're on the subject, I'll go one better - GG Allin. No one even comes close to GG. Not even Iggy or Freddie.

Back