Best Drummer=Neil Peart Hands Down!!

C Hugo

Copeland is the better of the two,but IMO Neil Peart of RUSH is the hands down winner in my book.If you are a drummer and you get a chance to see him play live it's well simply amazing.I just wish Neil still played TAMA drums instead of the DW's he now plays,nothing compares to the sound of TAMA's (thunderous bass).

C Hugo said:
Copeland is the better of the two,but IMO Neil Peart of RUSH is the hands down winner in my book.

Ok, I'm confused.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Personally, I think that Peter Erskin is better than Pert.

;)

Why confused?

Of Copeland and Van Halen i think copeland is the better drummer,But in my opinnion Neil Peart is the Best overall drummer out there,But like i said that's just my opinnion.PEACE!!

I think you made a boo boo... You probably wanted this to be attached to my Poll Thread about the 2 drummers?

Yeah, Neil Peart is completely, technically awesome, but...

I like the feel and the style of Ian Gillian of Deep Purple....especially the stuff that they did in the 70s.

"I just wish Neil still played TAMA drums instead of the DW's he now plays,nothing compares to the sound of TAMA's (thunderous bass)."

You've got to be kidding me. BTW "Thunderous" bass has much more to do with the size of the drum, tuning, the head, the beater and dampening than the make of the Drum.

But having so that, there is no comparison between a DW and a Tama. Professional musicians play on a Tama kit, only because Tama will pay them more than other manufacturers to do that and for Live performance, it doesnt matter because your mostly hearing the mics, eq and effects of the live setup than the drums

Just my 36 cents

Does DW not pay their endorsees or give them free kits? If this is the judge of a drum's quality, then it looks like OCDP drums are tops. The only endorsees that get kits for free are Chad Sexton (311) and Adrian Young (No Doubt), and that's only because they're part owners. Everbody else has to buy their kit at cost.

They all pay endorsers!!

And i have noticed that i see more new bands playing DW kits more than any other brand,does that mean there better?No just means there trying to grab up more of the bussiness.Some one told me once the way you can tell if a drummer is using a paticular brand of drums because he likes that brand versus he's getting payed to use it is,if you go to a concert or you see a video and the brand is being displyed on the front of the Bass drum he's being payed and the brand is being advertised,but if the brand sticker is not on the front than he bought it with his own money because he likes that brand regardless if anybody can tell what brand it is or not.I can personally tell a brand from a mile away even without the TAMA-PEAL-LUDWIG-YAMAHA-OPDC-and so on sticker on the front.

Any of the previously mentioned drums with good heads, good tuning, an awesome snare and cymbals and last but not least great drummers will sound great.
Although I have owned Tama, Ludwig, Slingerland, and Pearl sets. I have never loved the others as much as my DW's.
Just my present personal taste.
Entry level toms can be manipulated to sound good, but a crappy snare will always be a crappy snare.

Re: Hmmm.... what about....

Dave52 said:
Lest we forget Mike Portnoy - that man is frightening...!

Dave.

I went to High School with Mike. I jammed with him twice (at the time).

He was no great shakes (at the time). He was just, well, adequate (at the time).

I understand that he went for very extensive training after High School.

Now they name snares after him:rolleyes:

The last time I ever spoke with him was on Olive street (in front of my friend Norman's house (the best guitarist EVER (and I mean that!))) and he was talking about how well the band that he was with was doing. Who knew.

Norman got the first CD (somehow, it may have been a gift from Mike to him (they were tighter than I was with Mike)) and we listened to it.

I was really expecting to like it, I really was, but I didn't.

I don't know what their music sounds like now, but that first album (to me) seemed to be just a bunch of meandering chord changes for the sake of chord changes. The structure was too loose and wandering for my tastes.

Anyway, I know he's supposed to be the shit these days, but I like Bruford and Palmer a lot more. ;)

Carl

Check out Dream Theater's later stuff, it's much more accessable than their first cd, and Mike seems to be getting better and better.

As for Peart, well Rush have a new album comming out soon (their first in ages), so we'll see how he's sounding on that.

I wanted to add another thumbs up for Ian Paice while I was here and also Alan White, he often gets put down as Yes's second best drummer (behind Bruford), and although I love Brufords work, Alan shouldn't be overlooked. Some of his work is amazing...

Dave.

As for Peart, well Rush have a new album comming out soon (their first in ages), so we'll see how he's sounding on that.

There was some report on a German music news site that said that the new Rush album will draw influence from Tool. This can only be construed as a good thing.

You guys haven't heard druming until you've heard Kevin Murphy of Earth To Andy. If you get a chance check out there latest cd Chronicle Kings, he uses Obelisk.

Back