Best Compressor for BASS recording. (pedal or rack)

intresting to read how everyone likes to record their bass tracks
i think the art option is pretty good and its hard to go past the dbx160a unit as Bruce and John agreed with remember these guys know they have been using this stuff for years

I have a 1969 Beatle bass and will be using either a pro mpa or a studio mp to get my tracks down i do like the dbx160a but will have to wait till i can find one but for now what i have will be fine
Hofners are nice but its sometimes nice to have the sound of a solid body bass for that type of bass i love the late60,s telecaster bass mmm very nice indeed

I found it interesting that some people use the tube pac and like it because I'm in the same boat.Use it all the time,gets me where I wanna go.
Now at least I know I'm not on an island.

Check yer settings...

Blue Bear Sound said:
I love my RNCs -- they ARE very transparent... I don't love them for bass though... which is why I suggested trying to find a used DBX 160a....

Bruce

Bruce I dealt with this and the distorting with a SansAmp and that is because you need to set the release to at least 1.0 or you will clip the signal and it will distort. It also should only go in super nice mode for bass. I think it sounds great with the sansamp bass di. Peter

I know what you're saying Peter... I did try exactly that a couple of times, and wasn't satisfied.... I will get a chance later today to muck around again -- I'll try it again...

Bruce

Back