Best cheap tracking headphones?

Those Sennheiser HD202s aren't bad at all for the money. Obviously you can spend 10 times that amount (probably more) but as starter headphones for tracking they'd do you fine.

Radio Shack titaniums. I have 5 pair for tracking. The ones I have were $19.95, but I've heard they went up to $40. They're light and you can hear yourself in the room while wearing them. They also have a volume control on the wire.

MoreMe's from Harvey Gerst's company
MoreMe Headphones

I have 2 pair of the standards and they do a very good job for tracking.
Well, I'm very happy with them.
I also have a set of Drumfones for tracking a loud amp. They make a great difference & are essentiall Work, health & safety items in my opinion.

Has anyone got any opinions on headphones for tracking that a preferably under £50?

I was thinking these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-...dphone/dp/B003LPTAYI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top but wanted opinions on other options.

Lol saw your post but didn't click on the link and thought "Hey, I'll recommend the Senn. HD 202's!" Then I saw the below comments and finally clicked the link. Yes, they will do great as starter headphones! I got a free pair with my AI some years back and they are great and still going strong. Nice sealed fit but doesn't squeeze your head, nice long cord with wrapping loop included, and great sound. I literally think they can't be beat for the price.

Those Sennheiser HD202s aren't bad at all for the money. Obviously you can spend 10 times that amount (probably more) but as starter headphones for tracking they'd do you fine.

I'll second the Sennheiser 202's. they are inexpensive and sound good.

And a third recommendation right here :D

I even have a few pairs of Sennheiser 201's that I picked up on special, handy when doing things like the kids talent school when we need 10 or 12 pairs of phones at once. I can actually track with them quite happily, can't get any cheaper.

Alan.

i actually like tracking with my Sony Funtopia Ear buds.

sounds excellent.
lots of low end, more than i get with my high dollar AKG's.....

The trouble with ear buds though is that they don't provide any isolation and can often cause interference when the mic picks up the sound coming from them.

Normally I'd probably agree but for tracking so long as they sound good and isolate well that tends to be enough. The Sennheisers mentioned meet both of these criteria and cost peanuts!

Heck, they're even fairly well built so, though they won't last like a pro set of cans (and spare parts are non existent) in the light duty of a studio you can probably expect a good many years of life.

You don't frighten us, Denver pig dog. Go and boil your bottom, you son of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Jimmy69 King," you and all your silly Denver K-nig-hts.

The trouble with ear buds though is that they don't provide any isolation and can often cause interference when the mic picks up the sound coming from them.

i haven't found that to be an issue at all....

no one can hear what is coming out of my earbuds when i stand right by them.... playing them loud!!

LOL

THAT is one of the main reasons i use them.

they are totally sound isolating.

maybe there are different types of earbuds that let sound out, but not mine.
they are almost air tight.

Most earbuds leak like made, hence that horrible tssss tssss tssss noise annoying people all over buses an trains.

Sounds like you have a lucky combination of fit and ear shape. However, if the fit is as tight as you say, be very careful of possible hearing damage.

They used to make earbuds vented and a person standing close by could hear the hihat tish. But now they are made with the silicon gel molded part and they isolate pretty good. Way more comfortable than the old style and they stay in your ear better.

Still, I like my headphones for tracking. :)

Back