Best bang for buck?

That would have been the dual Opteron system. Then along came Intels Conroe and changed the computing world... and made it cheaper!

Your site is badass dude! I wish I could afford your pieces... :( Maybe in some years when my money flow seems adequate.

I still have one question though.. How does the mail in rebate work? (I ask this now that I'm not a US citizen.. although I do own a shipping address in the States, im from Northern Mexico) I'm basically gunna buy the Q6600 and see what happens. Also, which heatsink/cpu cooler should I get? Its gunna be my first heatsink so I really dont know much about em. Im finally gunna buy this baby! Its just those two issues.. the mail in rebate and the heatsink.

BTW thanks to everyone in here! Everybody's help has been deeply appreciated!

Last edited:
What would that dual Opteron system cost today?

Still more money than a Quadcore Core2. go figure. The chips themselves as well as the mobos cost more. (plus you gotta buy 2 chips)

I have no idea how rebates work across borders. They rarely work for me when I fill them out here in the US. I think mail in rebates are a scam.

Still more money than a Quadcore Core2. go figure. The chips themselves as well as the mobos cost more. (plus you gotta buy 2 chips)

I have no idea how rebates work across borders. They rarely work for me when I fill them out here in the US. I think mail in rebates are a scam.

! Damn.. if thats true then this baby's gunna cost a hella lot more than I'd expect... we'll just wait n see I guess :o

Newegg's rebates are known to go through with it's rebates so your safe. Places like Fry's or something tend to "loose" rebates.
Just print out the rebate form etc, and mail it into the address provided, and then wait. They should get at you.

Back