Votes: 54 8.4%
  • RME Hammerfall Multiface

Votes: 99 15.3%
  • Motu 2408mk3

Votes: 62 9.6%
  • other... please specify

Votes: 200 31.0%

• Total voters
big T, you can have four delta 1010s running in the same computer, for a total of ... a lot of inputs and outputs...

first44, I am glad that you are enjoying your RME, but you did not mention which delta card you upgraded from. I doubt that it is the delta 1010.

In the final analysis, the only card that matters is the WildCard!

Aardvark?

I just saw that the latest Aardvark 24/96 4 XLR interface ships with Calkwalk 9. I thought Cakewalk 9 was no longer supported and you had to buy Sonar if you wanted tech support etc. What is up with that?

tsphillips said:
I just saw that the latest Aardvark 24/96 4 XLR interface ships with Calkwalk 9. I thought Cakewalk 9 was no longer supported and you had to buy Sonar if you wanted tech support etc. What is up with that?

I'll tell you what is up with that, You get a sound card and free upgrade to sonar 3, 99 for Sonar studio and 200 for Sonar Producer

hey teacher

i have heard that RME products don't work well with Cakewalk software (sonar in particular). Is there any truth to this or is it just BS?

Since this post is running all over quality levels, ie: $10,000 Prism converters with AES/EBU cards, It seems like Motu HD192 would be hard to beat for value since it offers strong 192 samplerate AES/EBU converters into the DAW with a SN ratio of 120db. Plus, up to four Motu front ends, including the old 2408, can be connected to the included PCI 24 card. Anyone have any experience using the HD192?

Chuck

tsphillips said:

It's common for a soundcard to come with a cheap version of a recording program so the purchaser can do some recording. Aardvark has been packing CW9 for a while now, it came with my Q10 I bought a year and a half ago but I didn't need it as I had already bought Cubase.

If you can get a free upgrade to Sonar, that's a pretty sweet deal.

The stuff about cakewalk and sonar is partly true. WDM and ASIO aren't too fond of Sonar...however, I understand if you do some hunting on RME's website, you can find a special driver specifically for Sonar usage.

I think the cakewalk.com/forum Sonar forum can direct you there with a little bit of searching...

Has anyone taken a look at the new Presonus fireport that is due to come out this month. I don't know a lot about Presonus gear, but it looks to be set up to compete with MOTU and the Q10. Unfortunately, as I don't think it is shipping yet, there is not a lot of information on it, but it may be something to throw into the pot to consider.

Best? Best value??

My vote goes to the line from Sydec. The Mixpanders are extremely powerful, clean, stable and with the new hardware a good value. If you are on a budget, look at the Mixtreme.

Not well known here stateside, but I'm surprised that not one of our European members has mentioned them.

check them out at www.soundscape-digital.com

Ted

Stealthtech said:
motu stuff is a pain in the ass and what I've heard about customer support and driver support is atrocious. Contacting MOTU via Email has yielded zero results.

In defense of MOTU, which I think makes excellent equipment, I own a MOTU 828mkII interface, MOTU MIDI Express XT interface, MOTU Digital Performer 4, and a MOTU Machfive sampler. Everything runs perfectly on my Mac, with absolutely no problems, and the one time I called their customer service number about a sound module compatibility issue, my problem was solved in probably 5 minutes at most. Just in case anyone here was considering buying a piece of MOTU equipment.

First post...hi ya everyone
Does anyone have any experience with the M Audio Delta 44. A cut down version of the 1010 I think.
My Maxi Studio Isis card has finally spat the dummy and jeeeeeze its time to move on from windoze ME :)

Last edited:
Vat

Value Added Tax. In Texas we don't pay any sales tax on any equipment used in the production of sound recordings. Cool huh?

Delta 44 all the way, I like that I can use more than one and the 4 outs make it great to separtate stuff for different apps. Clean as a whistle!!! And Quiet as a mouse peeing on Cotton.

You Are Great..

Rme Is Agreat Soundcard But Its Expensive..
Echo "audiofire" The New Generation Of Echo
Will Shaking The World !!!!!!!!!!
Don't Ever Buy Motu Product The Asio Driver Is Bad..a Lot Of People Complaining About 'em !!!
Apogee..is Best Very Best !!!
Lavry.. Is The Winner !!!!

Back