Votes: 200 31.0%

• Total voters
RME of Ebay

HI I got RME running 16 tracks of ADAT
very fast!
Got a good price on Ebay

Cheers
Bob

Why doesn't anyone compare the Echo Laya with anything. How does the echo laya stand next to the RME?

The players have evolved and changed since this thread was started. In the box, the Lynx II is currently top of the heap.

Middleman said:
The players have evolved and changed since this thread was started. In the box, the Lynx II is currently top of the heap.
Oh yeah - Lovin my Lynx L22! But I still say the delta stuff is quite good for the dolleros. If your recordings aren't good with a Delta interface, don't think that buying a Lynx or other high end interface is gonna fix it.

BTW - anyone know what the longest running thread is? Is this the record holder now?
-RD

im loving the unit i have and you could put a setup like mine together for around $700.00 US.

1 Roland SI-24 @ ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41784&item=7319455024&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

8 XLR inputs with phantom power and 24-bit/96kHz sound quality
6 analog outputs, plus S/PDIF digital I/O in coaxial and optical formats
13 motorized faders and 12 knobs for additional realtime control when mixing

1 ESI's Audioterminal 010 http://www.csound.com/index003.html

ADAT, TDIF, R-BUS, S/PDIF in One Card

1 RBC1 cable 3ft or 1 RBC5 cable 15ft http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-ROL-RBC1.html

This setup works sweet for me w/ no problems..and on a 1.7 ghz computer..i get 2.2ms latency recording at 96kHz!

Just another option!

Monkey Allen said:
Does anyone rate the E-MU 1820 at all? Or any E-MU for that matter?

I do.

But I think it's considered heresey to suggest that an Emu card would compete with the big boys..... :)

i had to vote fot the echo layla24, it wasn't cheap but it was effective. and i've heard their customer service sucks, but when my '98 layla 20 died in 2004 they replaced it with a layla 24 (after 8 weeks of nothing)... so good and bad.. but its still my baby

also, if i am a business what do i need to get a VAT? because I could easily branch out one of my businesses into the field of buying inexpensive equipment..
?

This would depend on rather you want PCIMIA or Firewire.

If the first, go with the E-Mu 1616M, you won't find a better interface for the money.

If firewire, this depends on your budget...however.

RME Fireface
Motu Traveler

Those are some I would seriously look into.

brutus said:
Has anyone taken a look at the new Presonus fireport that is due to come out this month. I don't know a lot about Presonus gear, but it looks to be set up to compete with MOTU and the Q10. Unfortunately, as I don't think it is shipping yet, there is not a lot of information on it, but it may be something to throw into the pot to consider.

I was at a trade show last weekend and the Presonus Fireport is AWESOME. I have a Delta 1010 and am seriously contemplating making the switch to Presonus gear.

Check out Sweetwater. They've got some samples.

Cheers everyone,

I'm gonna make some upgrades this summer and the first thing in the cart will be another Delta1010.

pros for me...

1/ I'm very happy with the one I already have.
2/ partnership with protools
3/ low $$$

Back