Behringer C2 and other assorted small condensers.

I heard those Joe Meeks were good, but they're a little hard to come by in the UK. dont know why?? Any other suggestions?

That guy on ebay ships worldwide it says. But other than those I haven't experimented with other OHs.

Forget the Joemeeks. You can find Oktava MC012s for pretty cheap on ebay, and you won't find yourself trading those in anytime soon. For super cheap OHs, check out CAD GXL1200s... you can get a pair for like 130 bucks, and they sound decent.

You can buy a B stock matched pair of Joe Meek JM27 mics with stereo bar, case and clips for $100 (this includes freight too) with full warranty directly from PMI Audio, if they have any remaining. Go to their website : http://www.pmiaudio.com/
Click on "marketplace", then click on "B stock".

i got my pair on ebay for $80 or $90 including shipping. they're ok as far as cheap mics go. i have some mk012's also and like them alot more.

I have been using the C2's for o/heads since they were released in the UK.
I use them for various jams etc. when I don't want to risk any of my more expensive jobbies. They are not the most cultured sdc's around and fairly noisy but on o/heads this is not an issue.
Gine them a go you will probably find thet they do the job perfectly well.
Bluearran have plenty in stock at about £39,00.

Tony

I've been moderately happy with a pair of Nady CM-90 mics. Their low end response leaves something to be desired, though, so I wouldn't touch them unless you have a good (e.g. D112) kick mic and decent tom mics.

You might want to check out the MSH-2 SDC which are made and Sold by "Mshilarius" who is a Frequent contributer of this Board...

They are great Mics for Overheads which are extremely Clear and detailed and you can Buy a matched Pair of them for under $50.....

There is info on were to buy them and some audio samples on this thread...

http://www.homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=205294

In my opinion they sound MUCH better than the C2"s....

Cheers

Back