Behringer are going for AMS Neve now

Interesting. I have a Neve OPX1073 and it definately has a very distinctive color

I seem to be finding lately that I only use eq to fix more things than for actual tone shaping.

That being said, a good preamp in definitely helps with some -dare I say 'warmth', but not sure it is not necessarily that much different from a interfaces preamp in.

But I don't have a shit ton of outboard gear.

I do use a Neve style preamp for my 'sweeet' channel. Vintech X73i that has an EQ. I find that I don't use much of the eq section when tracking. Maybe I should start doing so.

I work more to get the tone right before it gets recorded.

the first thing I thought was they are slow to the clone party....but had big success with the 1176 and KT2A....

I had an Alctron73 and the Behringer73 looked similar to the buttons and knob colors. Hopefully its built better than the Alctron.

EQ and Comp going in seems to be some Old School Era where engineers had to make the choice calls and overdub to the reels and make the call as they recorded....
sometime it became "correct:" to record dry and do it all ITB later with unlimited tracks, things changed a lot even for HR.

I discovered these things in the last week or so:

What really gets me is that these are very cheap to build to begin with and theirs is probably a surface mount version so its even cheaper (in more ways than one).
But they probably didn't screw up the design like Golden Age did which they originally constructed their grounds incorrectly on the PCB.

Back