Behringer, a jem or crap?

Behringer stuff, a jem or crap?

• Behringer is great, I love their products!

Votes: 172 32.8%
  • Behringer is so so

Votes: 206 39.3%
  • Behringer sucks, don't ever buy from them

Votes: 87 16.6%
  • Don't care / do a search, lazy ass / don't own Behringer stuff

Votes: 59 11.3%

• Total voters
however I must point out that I was right. You DID get into it and close it back up. And now they work right?
So, to me, that's worth the effort.
I recently had to change two huge chips in the convergence board of my 52" rear projection TV.

Holy crap! what a pain in the ass!
Took ALL DAMNED DAY!

But now it works fine ..... saved me a bunch 'o' money and I'm kinda proud about fixing the stupid thing.

That's weird ..... my eldest son just had to do something very similar with a TV and I believe his words were very close to what you said Lt. :D

I went 'So so'. I work at a music retailer and I have seen some stuff work wonderfully and some stuff not work so much. I have a small mixer and two 2 channel tube mic pres and they work fine.

I just got a old used..V Amp Pro ordered..$69

made me laugh in a way, watching the little youtube demo of the V Amp Pro on the Behringer site, while the persons
going through the back plate/connections....the XLR ...he points to the Ground Lift switch

and the button falls off.

ahhaahaha.... i found it funny anyway.

I have had some crap and decent behringer stuff, the a500 power amp is excellent, I dont think you will find a power amp as good for 2-3 times the price it is pretty amazing for 200 bucks. The ultragraph EQ seems to be decent, their rackmount tuner is excellent except a bit finicky on low bass notes but for 68 bucks nothing comes close untill over 200 bucks, just got a used v amp pro and bass v amp pro I only have messed with the guitar one for a few days, the factory presets are not very good but if you tweek this thing right it sounds very good and some of the sounds I have created sound better than my pod xt live but still noodling with it but for the 70 bucks I paid its another tool. Their stompboxes pretty much suck and the LED's are blinding, their pedalboards are a joke, the eurodesk mixer I had was SO SO, I would never buy one of their guitar amps (for cheap you cannot beat a crate v-series or vintage club)

I would say for the price point behringer is decent, at least the products I have tried the good stuff is great, the bad stuff is aweful and not much in between.

rknrollo.....that would be alright to have the bass version and the guitar version. that would work nice. I was thinking the exact same thing, it would be a nice "direct option" to have both.

POD bean owner for years, but somehow I'm building the rack back up and used POD Pros rack mounts were $200-$300 (normally beaten and used.price),{great resale on these things! haha} new ones are really expensive...wow...big depreciation on these amp-sims.

This discontinued Behringer/ POD copy- popped up for $69, and after a fast reading of the old posts from those days, there's not much difference it seems to the POD...over all the threads and comments I was reading...metal vs plastic, but mine isnt going on the road...so metal isnt required.

Anyway, expectations are low.....cost is low......and all it has to do is match the POD bean... I have 30days to try it too...if it works, which I suspect it will, then sell the POD table top. Probably get $30? $50 for the old POD bean....

They must be doing something right if they are so popular..

However my first encounter was with a behringer c-1u microphone which was a major disappointment due to volume problems.
However I have been researching some of their other products such as preamps and reviews seem to be good

i JUst grabbed a Behringer Vamp Pro and its used, and still great studio shape.
HAving used a POD bean for years , the tones seem very similar imo. This one is a Rack Mount so thats what I needed today, will sell the POD.

This Behri VA pro...was $86 shipped...

Reading a lot of Behringer posts on this unit, there's numerous workmansip complaints, mainly really good posts for tones and ergo....

Its cheap and thats the market they got, and to go cheap makes sense this unit is plastic not metal, and yet for a small HR studio its ok for a less demanding environment.

The POD seems much better built, the pots very smooth and solid. Has worked flawlessly for over 5-6yrs..but cost 2-3times more.

This units cool, will report back if any knobs fall off.

I have spent close to $2800 on behringer gear. The only thing that didn't crap out on me for no reason what so ever was a couple of PA speakers I bought from them.

imagine spending $2800 on behringer equipment

mines has been 100% OK, of course I didnt spend that amount on it

i JUst grabbed a Behringer Vamp Pro and its used, and still great studio shape.
HAving used a POD bean for years , the tones seem very similar imo. This one is a Rack Mount so thats what I needed today, will sell the POD.

This Behri VA pro...was $86 shipped...

Reading a lot of Behringer posts on this unit, there's numerous workmansip complaints, mainly really good posts for tones and ergo....

Its cheap and thats the market they got, and to go cheap makes sense this unit is plastic not metal, and yet for a small HR studio its ok for a less demanding environment.

The POD seems much better built, the pots very smooth and solid. Has worked flawlessly for over 5-6yrs..but cost 2-3times more.

This units cool, will report back if any knobs fall off.

The Marshall sounds are way better than Line 6, saying that its the only amp model I use on it, you can get good clean sounds on it as well but I use a Vox for that

I just think the POD sounds brittle and fake, Ive never turned it on since I got the V-amp pro

Isn't Behringer German for crap? That's what the guy at Guitar Center told me. Any way I'm thinking about getting their midi foot controller and their v-bass rack unit. together for under 300$ is their any comparable equipment for the same price range?

Back