Beautiful "Sounding" Music

penfloor95

Dear Forum,

I have a very small project studio, which comprises of an Alesis QS6.1, My Computer, and Tascam Analog 4 track recorder.
I am looking to do a little buying within the next couple of weeks, and I am debating on what the next item should be.
I have narrowed it down to a couple of items that I think will ensure that the mixdown is Beautiful "Sounding" if not anything else.
I would like to eventually go to CD, but I won't afford that now.
My choices are a compressor/limiter with Gate, an aural exciter, or stereo processor.
Which one of the items should I be looking into as far as clear, and great "sounding" music, or should I say what will help the most?

Hi Pen

Ide go for the compressor/ limiter if it were me.
Its such a handy recording tool it makes recording vocals, guitars and key boards so much easier.

Better recorded tracks make mix down, more beautiful sounding.

jimimac

I agree, go with the compressor/limiter/gate. Next question would be...which one? If you do a search on this site for compressor you'll find more suggestions and info than you probably want.

Yo:] 95 Pens on "da" Floor:

I'd go for the Martinsound Mic=Max. It is supposed to be the top rock for mic pre-amps. Martinsound has just lowered prices on both of their mic pres: The Mic-Max is less expensive than their other model. I forget the name of the expensive model but it is just under 2k.

You can check out Martinsound at:
www.martinsound.com

Keep supporting the Electronic Economy like I do.

Green Hornet

Back