Barking Dogs

The really, really nice deputy left. I have to wind down a little bit before finally hitting the sack. Sit on the porch, probably write some tl;dr for you guys. Heh. Shortly after he left the dogs start raising hell. I mean raising hell, the kind of bark where there's something back there. I debate, do I call the guy right back out here, will the dogs have calmed down by the time he gets here. I have to be very careful, I can't let this thing turn back on me, false reporting, harassment, whatever. I'm tired, tired of dealing with it for the evening and decide tomorrow is another day. Now with all this going on I have had some concern about, I don't know, retaliation, targeting(no pun intended). I had recently done my first round of gathering leaves and burning in the immediate yard proper, but there are still lots of leaves towards the outer reaches, and somewhat close in some areas. A few nights earlier than the night in question sitting on the porch I heard something out there, the leaves. Could be deer, could be. But it sounded bipedal, two legs, a person maybe. You live out in the country, you can't be scared, I went and investigated, in the dark. Saw nothing. I wasn't sure if I should, wouldn't want to worry her, but I told the wife. We both laughed at my silliness, spooked by a deer. Back to the night in question, those dogs are raising hell, like there's something back there. They're almost bored with the deer, so most likely not deer. I start to hear those leaves again, but quite a bit from the direction of a clump of trees. Sort of side yard beginning of field behind house. Thinking back to me and the wife I kind of chuckle to myself, get spooked by deer. Deputy just left, dogs are raising hell, I'm going to at least get a recording. There's a trail cam sitting on the railing of my side deck, motion activated, all I have to do is go back there and wave a hand to begin recording. I step off the porch and head that way. I didn't get far, over by the shed a clump of trees, lots of leaf noise. Stops me dead in my tracks. Could be a bear? My wife's car is kind of between me and the noise. All of a sudden, WHOOF! I mean deep bark, not a hunting dog. Dark over there. The hair stood up on the back of my neck, fight or flight type thing. But something struck me funny, even in that moment. It sounded fake, sort of. Maybe. Maybe this whole thing, paranoia whether warranted or not, it sounded 50/50 chance either it was in fact a dog, or someone imitating a dog. Intimidate me back onto the porch to not investigate. The wife and I had a good laugh the next day. Yeah.

It all happened on a Tuesday. Called to have the deputy back out to hear the bark fest on Thursday, not on duty. Cold weather set in, dogs have calmed some, leaves off the tree line less echo. Probably trying not to freeze to death back there. Takes sheriff's office an hour to get out here, it's very unpredictable. The stars aren't lining up very well for me. Court date Jan 29, prudent that I prepare myself to be disappointed. Success, what then?

Win or lose, if I catch a bullet at some point, it's been nice knowing you guys.
Is it really that bad? How about moving? Do you own a gun?

Just a side comment -- what's up with this? More than a coincidence, though I would not have thought HR would be involved in data tracking data like this:Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 5.46.26 PM.png

Is it really that bad? How about moving? Do you own a gun?

Just a side comment -- what's up with this? More than a coincidence, though I would not have thought HR would be involved in data tracking data like this:View attachment 135800

It significantly diminishes the right to enjoyment and use of my property. Yes, it is that bad, as reflected in a soon to be passed ordinance prohibiting it. I am 60, soon to be 61, I came here to live out the remainder of my years. I have invested in this property, treasure, sweat and labors of love. I have taken a vacant and neglected property and made improvements which make it an asset to the community, as well as the tax base in this county, and future inhabitants once I am dead and gone. I have planted fruit trees for the purpose of maturing and bearing a bounty. This is my home. Here I will remain.

Firearms? Certainly, but I'm not fond of potentially careless or unwarranted use of a firearm. This isn't the old West. A known irrational individual who is on record expressing concerns about planes falling from the sky resulting in injury to himself, I'm not going to jail. Other than absolute clear cut without question self defense, likely fire once fired upon, I'd rather be dead than prison. At 60, what's the difference, I'd likely never make it out alive.

Those questions, that attitude, that is what I regret facing in this uphill battle. Is it that bad, why don't you just move. I'll fight, for as long as it takes. I'll be the biggest pain in the ass this county has ever encountered. Why? Because the fight is righteous. Perhaps if I fight others won't have to. Take a look at this thread.

I'm not certain what I'm seeing, "data tracking"?

It significantly diminishes the right to enjoyment and use of my property. Yes, it is that bad, as reflected in a soon to be passed ordinance prohibiting it. I am 60, soon to be 61, I came here to live out the remainder of my years. I have invested in this property, treasure, sweat and labors of love. I have taken a vacant and neglected property and made improvements which make it an asset to the community, as well as the tax base in this county, and future inhabitants once I am dead and gone. I have planted fruit trees for the purpose of maturing and bearing a bounty. This is my home. Here I will remain.
Those questions, that attitude, that is what I regret facing in this uphill battle. Is it that bad, why don't you just move. I'll fight, for as long as it takes. I'll be the biggest pain in the ass this county has ever encountered. Why? Because the fight is righteous. Perhaps if I fight others won't have to. Take a look at this thread.
I respect that, man.
Firearms? Certainly, but I'm not fond of potentially careless or unwarranted use of a firearm. This isn't the old West. A known irrational individual who is on record expressing concerns about planes falling from the sky resulting in injury to himself, I'm not going to jail. Other than absolute clear cut without question self defense, likely fire once fired upon, I'd rather be dead than prison. At 60, what's the difference, I'd likely never make it out alive.
I was just referring to checking out noises in the dark.
I'm not certain what I'm seeing, "data tracking"?
Talking about dogs, I get an ad about dogs. Must just be a coincidence. No matter.

I'm not a dog lover myself, I get it but we had a terrible experience with a police German Shepherd gone rogue when I was little. So I know to stay "alpha" but avoid if at all possible.

The really, really nice deputy left. I have to wind down a little bit before finally hitting the sack. Sit on the porch, probably write some tl;dr for you guys. Heh. Shortly after he left the dogs start raising hell. I mean raising hell, the kind of bark where there's something back there. I debate, do I call the guy right back out here, will the dogs have calmed down by the time he gets here. I have to be very careful, I can't let this thing turn back on me, false reporting, harassment, whatever. I'm tired, tired of dealing with it for the evening and decide tomorrow is another day.

It all happened on a Tuesday. Called to have the deputy back out to hear the bark fest on Thursday, not on duty.
Brother Just step outside with your phone and video record the POS barking dogs...Then send the video to the officer...it is time stamped and excellent admissible in a court of law EVIDENCE of the severity of the situation. You can also add some words in as you are recording...like It's a damn shame I have to record this incessant barking but bigger n shit here I am in the middle of night not able to get a decent nights sleep because of a inconsiderate and irresponsible dog owners inability to control their damn barking dogs. If I had a rake! :laughings:

Dogs are damn cool creatures when they are trained and behave themselves...problem is they are dogs and even the best trained dog can go postal and you do not want to be on the receiving end of a gone postal German Shepard, Pitbull, Doberman or Rhodesian Ridgeback to name a few than can "leave a mark" I have a acquaintance that was permanently disfigured by his own hound dog when he was about 12...Damn not sure what the hound had done to piss him off but he went out and gave the dog a good boot in the side knocking him over...He was walking back to the house and he saw his Dad screaming through the window pointing behind him...couldn't hear and turned around just in time to have this dog jump up rip half his face off...damn ugly scar.

I had a Rhodesian mix years back who got in a fight with a HUGE Shepard in the middle of the night in my back yard.....Man I'll never forget that frickin chunk of meat flap hanging down from my dogs leg...seriously about 2" wide and 6" long just hanging there....Off to the 24 hour emergency animal clinic ( get your wallet out) stitches and the cone of shame on his head. A few years back the barking Shepard's that used to be next door somehow got the big gate open and attacked another neighbors little dog he was taking on a walk...I ran out screaming their names telling them to get back in their yard and for some crazy reason they stopped and ran back into their yard...Thank God...Lucky they didn't attack me. Man I like dogs and had several in my life but I don't trust em especially around small kids. My 7 year old Grandson doesn't get it...yet ... he has been lucky so far but he has done some shit where he is lucky he didn't get his face bit with dogs he has just met ( They have two that he loves up all the time) ...We've warned him...guess I need to tell him the face ripped story.

Brother Just step outside with your phone and video record the POS barking dogs...Then send the video to the officer...it is time stamped and excellent admissible in a court of law EVIDENCE of the severity of the situation. You can also add some words in as you are recording...like It's a damn shame I have to record this incessant barking but bigger n shit here I am in the middle of night not able to get a decent nights sleep because of a inconsiderate and irresponsible dog owners inability to control their damn barking dogs. If I had a rake! :laughings:

I get what you're saying. Eh, but it can't work that way. Gotta play it straight and narrow. You have to consider, what is done to one can be done to another, or I should say it could happen to you and yours. Poke a dog with a stick stand back and record his response, we got a vicious dog here? Or one could simply tease or taunt a dog to bark, record it and we got an ordinance violation? Whether given my situation with these 14 dogs I'm pleased with it or not, there should be a high bar to proving any breach of the law. Me, months of dealing with this noise shit I've called 4 times to get someone out here to shut these damn dogs up, and my preference, write em an ordinance violation. But let's look at that. 4 times they have been out here, and 4 times amazingly enough, believe me amazingly enough, it's quiet as a mouse. Well, except for one time, but let's put that aside, comparatively speaking mild barking. Sounds like a clear case of false reporting? You call one more time and we're going to charge you? Of course every time I call I make sure the dogs can be heard, and all calls are recorded by dispatch. But I could have provoked those dogs to bark. Evidence could possibly suggest that, yeah? Noise during the call, quiet when I'm in the presence of law enforcement and unable to provoke. Someone could do that to my dogs, good socialized dogs. Some shady lowlife shit and the county orders me to get rid of my dogs, or takes them and euthanizes them? However when there is sufficient evidence, to include admission from the dog owners "it's been a long running issue, there's nothing we can do to keep the dogs quiet", laws should be enforced.

I appreciate the support, I really do. I gotta play this thing straight, and I want the county to do so as well. There would be fewer laws, which is my preference, if people respected one another and acted appropriately. Unfortunately that is not always the case. Some people are damn near too stupid to breath...or we could only dream so. Kidding. I don't want to invest emotion to hate anyone or hold any animosity, I just want to live my life in peace. Hopefully come Jan 29th court date there will be progress towards recovering peace and quiet on my property.

Thanks TAE, I appreciate the support, I really do. At times I've felt like I'm just screaming into the wind.

Reactions: TAE
OK so you want provable unprovoked barking video...easy enough...invest in a camera like the one below that can be set up for "cry detection" meaning noise activated. Just set it up out where the doggies hang and get 24/7 admissible evidence proof of just how crazy your situation is. It's just not cool what your neighbor is putting you and the wife through... You were there before they were and it sucks that he has to be such arrogant turd....When he see's the camera pointing towards the kennel and ask what it's for you can kindly remind him that what goes on on your property is none of his business...Dickhead...but I'm not bitter! Gett em Dano!

1704946564176.png 1704946622484.png

The goal is cumulative. The goal is declared a nuisance. Play it smart, one step at a time. Loss of use of property on account of dogs being territorial of property on which they do not reside, and barking at anyone who is on an adjacent property. Loss of enjoyment of property on account of Dogs barking loudly, often, for long extended periods of time, day and night. The smell of urine and feces from dogs doing their business on the bare earth with no adequate means or method to sanitize. Dog escaping the enclosure, confronting someone on a property not his own, growling and menacing.

Now that was freaky. I've never experienced anything quite like that. Side yard of my home, unknowing to me a dog coming up behind me, me turning to see, he squared off towards me, stone faced, growling. I say shew with my arms, "go on now, get!", he didn't bat an eyelash, no reaction whatsoever other than growl louder. I mean I get it. It's like the mailman, everyday no matter how much a dog protests he keeps coming back rattling that mailbox. Never makes contact with the alpha or anyone else in the pack, just sneaks up, rattles that box, and runs off. That's the way that dog looked at me, "ah, there you are motherfucker". He's seen me many a time back there but never had an opportunity. I think he would have came at me if he wasn't alone. I almost wish he had of, he might have lived to regret it.

Something I don't think I've mentioned, a possible win plan. Bear with me....

The new ordinance is scheduled for a vote this spring, march-april. There are exceptions to the new ordinances. Get this, it is important....anything legal before the new ordinances will be legal non conforming after the new ordinances go into effect.

Given the noise I have been making, I strongly suspect he was advised to get his dogs vaccinated for rabies and licensed. I can almost pinpoint the date he loaded up every dog and was gone for about an hour and a half. That was last summer. State law requires all dogs to be licensed, and as a condition of licensing rabies vaccinated. In fact it is illegal not to license your dog, a misdemeanor. Licenses are yearly, no later than Feb 1st. Given the history of slack maintenance of that kennel, and dogs, it is questionable whether he will renew licensing. Licensing is open for public viewing, I can check on it at the county treasurer's office. Here goes....

The day after the ordinance(s) is voted on and passed, I go to the county treasurer's office and see if he renewed licensing for '24. If he did not, he was not legal before the ordinance was passed and therefore will not be legal non conforming after. Not subject to an exception.

Does that sound crazy? I don't know, man, so crazy it just might work. Chess. Checkmate.

More on Barking Dogs......
Now, I thought the americans among us won't understand this, but I was wrong - They invented it.
If I say "My dogs are barking", it means "My feet hurt".

It all started when I saw a notice at the multi-storey council car park in town, about a public consultation process about jacking up the council car parking charges.
The charges were set to more than double, because the council are theiving bastards.
This eventually came to pass on Jan 9th.
I had to go to a bank in town today, and resolved not to pay the new charges.
So I parked half way to town, in a street, for free. Then walked the rest of the way to the bank in town.
I planned to use a pedestrian subway to pass under a major road junction, but just like a few years back it was all flooded, a good 6" deep.
One minor detour later...
All well and good, and while I was there, checked that the new charges were posted at 2 council car parks.
My usual reason for going into town is to visit my own bank, or to pay off a credit card bill at another bank.
While I checked for the new car park charges, a woman told me one of the above banks and another one are to quit the high street.
Many shops have closed, and now the few banks left are closing.
So then I legged it back to my car, half way home, with slightly sore feet.
Hence the 'Barking Dogs' story.
I rest my case.

• Haha
Dogs are damn cool creatures when they are trained and behave themselves...problem is they are dogs and even the best trained dog can go postal and you do not want to be on the receiving end of a gone postal German Shepard, Pitbull, Doberman or Rhodesian Ridgeback to name a few than can "leave a mark" I have a acquaintance that was permanently disfigured by his own hound dog when he was about 12...Damn not sure what the hound had done to piss him off but he went out and gave the dog a good boot in the side knocking him over...He was walking back to the house and he saw his Dad screaming through the window pointing behind him...couldn't hear and turned around just in time to have this dog jump up rip half his face off...damn ugly scar.

I had a Rhodesian mix years back who got in a fight with a HUGE Shepard in the middle of the night in my back yard.....Man I'll never forget that frickin chunk of meat flap hanging down from my dogs leg...seriously about 2" wide and 6" long just hanging there....Off to the 24 hour emergency animal clinic ( get your wallet out) stitches and the cone of shame on his head. A few years back the barking Shepard's that used to be next door somehow got the big gate open and attacked another neighbors little dog he was taking on a walk...I ran out screaming their names telling them to get back in their yard and for some crazy reason they stopped and ran back into their yard...Thank God...Lucky they didn't attack me. Man I like dogs and had several in my life but I don't trust em especially around small kids. My 7 year old Grandson doesn't get it...yet ... he has been lucky so far but he has done some shit where he is lucky he didn't get his face bit with dogs he has just met ( They have two that he loves up all the time) ...We've warned him...guess I need to tell him the face ripped story.
My nieces life long doberman almost killed her three year old son. Grabbed him by the head. 284 stitches. The dog had never shown aggression before. That particular doberman is no longer around.

My nieces life long doberman almost killed her three year old son. Grabbed him by the head. 284 stitches. The dog had never shown aggression before. That particular doberman is no longer around.
Yep you just never know....

Call it a God thing or guardian angel but about 20 years ago I used to jog in the late afternoons on local streets. I was heading up a street that I had ran dozens of times before. In a rich part of town multi million dollar homes. Trash day was the next day and trash cans were out. I see this stick / pole about 4' long sticking out of this trash can. God only knows why because I had NEVER ran with a stick before but I pulled it out just in case I ran into a dog....WTF? but there I was running up this hill with this stick. As I get up to the top and start heading down another street that takes me back all of a sudden out of nowhere here comes this big ass pit pull full charge at me. I stop dead in my tracks smash the stick against the ground and scream NO! Bad Dog! He stops and we start the stand off. I'm screaming help, somebody get this damn dog! Radio silence, all those rich MFR's sitting in their cozy homes ignoring my scream....not a one comes out. So facing this dumb ass dog I slowly start backing away down the street hitting the stick on the ground saying bad dog, go home but spreading the distance to where he finally turns around and walks away...Phew! Why I picked up that stick that day I'll never know but I did and it gave me some comfort as I stood him off...would the dog of stopped when I yelled at him anyway? I don't know but I am sure glad I had it if he had come at me at least I had a chance against him. Over the years I've ran a ton of miles without a protection device...Now at 70 I walk and I take a 1970's 1 iron with me most every time. If I'm going down, I'm going down with a fight.

Yep you just never know....

Call it a God thing or guardian angel but about 20 years ago I used to jog in the late afternoons on local streets. I was heading up a street that I had ran dozens of times before. In a rich part of town multi million dollar homes. Trash day was the next day and trash cans were out. I see this stick / pole about 4' long sticking out of this trash can. God only knows why because I had NEVER ran with a stick before but I pulled it out just in case I ran into a dog....WTF? but there I was running up this hill with this stick. As I get up to the top and start heading down another street that takes me back all of a sudden out of nowhere here comes this big ass pit pull full charge at me. I stop dead in my tracks smash the stick against the ground and scream NO! Bad Dog! He stops and we start the stand off. I'm screaming help, somebody get this damn dog! Radio silence, all those rich MFR's sitting in their cozy homes ignoring my scream....not a one comes out. So facing this dumb ass dog I slowly start backing away down the street hitting the stick on the ground saying bad dog, go home but spreading the distance to where he finally turns around and walks away...Phew! Why I picked up that stick that day I'll never know but I did and it gave me some comfort as I stood him off...would the dog of stopped when I yelled at him anyway? I don't know but I am sure glad I had it if he had come at me at least I had a chance against him. Over the years I've ran a ton of miles without a protection device...Now at 70 I walk and I take a 1970's 1 iron with me most every time. If I'm going down, I'm going down with a fight.
I go to an afternoon party with a bandmate at a house of folks I don't know. I am sitting on the stoop on the front porch chilling by myself when all of a sudden I see all these people jumping on the roofs of cars, climbing trees, anything they could get up on. I am wondering what the hell is going on when I see this huge dog coming straight at me. I hold my hand out with a down turned fist, he stops dead at my hand and starts sniffing it. I didn't even have time for an adrenaline rush.The homeowner comes up and grabs the dog, ' I can't believe it, he attacks everyone and anyone as he drags the dog back to house to lock him back in where he got loose from. I have had physical fights with dogs, tackling them and kicking the shit out of them after they were going after my wife's cocker spaniel when I first met her. They weren't ready for two on one lol. The only dog I was really bitten by was my first day as a paperboy at around ten and Lassie took a big chunk out of my left thigh.

Last edited:
Crazy story everyone seems to get a kick out of...

Back at the beach I was driving along where there used to be a lot of farms before development. Driving along, in this field I see a smallish dog running with a larger dog following close behind. Heading right towards a major traffic intersection. I mean, I actually love dogs, I don't want to see these dogs get hit by a car. So I pull into a drugstore parking lot in the direction they were heading. I walk towards the edge of the field and start doing my hands/arms, shew, get back! LoL The large dog comes around the smaller and starts kind of circling back and forth, and stomping his front feet. I'm now getting a really good look at these dogs and they don't look like any typical dogs. They look like wolves! The larger one tall and lanky, with huge paws. Like a damn fool I take my sweat jacket off and start swinging it in a circle above my head, trying to look as big as possible I guess, and slowly start walking backwards. This was back before cell phones, so I get back in my truck go home and call 911. Wolves, I seent wolves! LoL They said they would go check it out. Curiosity, I drove back up there. There were cops everywhere, and an animal control vehicle where I could hear the smaller "dog" inside. Cop cars zig zagging all over the place. I'm out of the vehicle walking beside a parking lot with a long row of moderately sized bushes between me and the lot, being nosey. I get to the end of the row of bushes where the parking lot has a pull in from the street and just then the big "dog" rounds the corner. He stops and there we are, face to face, eyeball to eyeball about 10-12 feet apart. I about shit my pants. It happened really quick, a cop car comes screeching to a halt some distance behind the "dog", the cop jumps out and starts banging his billy club on the ground and yelling "hey! hey!" to distract the "dog". The dog ran off, I got back in my vehicle to shake it off, get myself together, and went home. I don't know for sure, but I don't think they ever caught that "dog". Damn sure looked like wolves to me, maybe made there way up from the Dismal Swamp area, I don't know.

No good deed goes unpunished, I reckon. Yes, I'm an idiot.

Last edited:
  • Haha
So this video shows that a pack of dogs can be quite well behaved if trained properly...

The dogs are only as smart as the person training them...

It is cold as a witch's titty here, windy too. Wind chill below 0. All those dogs outback have as shelter are plastic barrels w/ probably some hay thrown up in there. Oh, and tarps he recently tied to the sections of chain link panels with zip ties, day by day more and more flapping in the wind. Wife says, "those poor dogs are going to freeze to death out there tonight". A good woman, a kind heart. Maybe I should take a little walk back there, get em barking, blood warmed up and pumping. Meh, too damn cold out there.

I hope they're gonna be alright.

Walker Hound coats are not particularly thick. Short haired breed. A couple of them might be mixed with beagle, pretty sure a few others mixed with loudmouth asshole.

• Haha
So this video shows that a pack of dogs can be quite well behaved if trained properly...

The dogs are only as smart as the person training them...

OK That is weird...can any of you see the video ....though it is there when I go to edit...There is no video there to click on...maybe a glitch in my browser...Or....YT is getting tricky with their anti ad blocking bs.

Here it is again different link...

Back