Band Name Ideas

philbagg

Just Killing Time
Didn't really know where else to put this...

So I've just started a new band. 4 of us guys, and a female singer. We're struggling to find a good band name.

Anybody have any interesting techniques for coming up with a name? Or even better, anybody giving out any names? :D

What kind of music is it and is there any type of theme or things you'll be singing about or is it just random shit?

Funny thing is...
The new project I just put together just went though this ourselves.

We settled on VIOLENCE FOR JESUS
Just for now,...until we can come up with somethin' more
controversial.:D

* Nat Nasal and his nine nasty nose pickers singing come out boogieing and pick me a winner*

This is not one of my favorites but has a certain ring to it. :D

:cool:

The best band names always come from within the band, not somebody else. You have to keep thinking and suggesting names until you find one that everybody likes. Don't let the name interfere with your creative process and your music, though. I've been in a band for 4-5 years and we changed our name almost every show we played. We couldn't come up with a good one until just recently. I think we may have found one that we'll stick with. Just remember you can always make up words to use as your band name. It's always fun when you do that. Good luck!

My favorite is whatever your chick singer's name is "plus friends", i.e. "Cindy & Friends". I love that one, especially if you play "Me and Bobby McGee" at Holiday Inn lounges.

A buddy of mine had a name for a wedding band that I thought was good: Satan's Shit

I know :mad: I'm not very helpful...

The problem is that if you really think about some of the most successful bands, the Beatles being the best example, the names are downright stupid but we forget it after awhile if the music grabs us.

Rest assured that whatever you come up with, it will be stupid. Pretty much all band names are stupid. I can only think of two bands that don't have stupid names.

Try taking letters from everyones names and then jumble them up and see if you can come up with a name for a band from all the letters.

Dont have to use every letter however at least it will give you something to work with.

I was in a short lived band (just for a talent show, really) with a female singer--Suzy and the Qs.

Yeah, we rocked.

The last band I was in, we all came up with 3 prospective names, and each band member ranked them from 1-15. Each band name now has 5 scores - add em up, the highest score is the new band name, fair and square.

Thanks for the replies lads :)

What kind of music is it and is there any type of theme or things you'll be singing about or is it just random shit?

We'll be doing a lot of covers, but our own music will be a cross between Daughtry and Paramore type stuff.

Think we found a name, need to consult the other members first :p

Gerg, what 2 bands are you thinking of? A Flock of Seagulls and Pet Shop Boys?

:drunk: :laughings: :drunk:

Was her name actually suzy? Im afraid to ask what the 'Q' stands for..

It was Sue--but she never really went by Suzy. And the Q's? C'mon man--I was a Q!! It was just a take-off on the Hostess Suzy Q Snack Cake. Now lets keep it clean! :)

Back