Backup guitar

pdadda

Captain Sea Boots
I need a backup guitar for gigs. Top importance for me is that it stays in tune. I'm looking for new or used, somewhere around $100. I"m not expecting a great guitar, just something playable until I can end a set and change strings on my main guitar (Fender Tele Deluxe). I play lead guitar. Any suggestions?

try to find an Agile guitar.
cheap copies of most guitars but they really are not bad at all.
had a prs copy a lomg time ago. stayed in tune and sounded really nice

So you currently have just one guitar?

I've never believed in having a backup that wasn't as good as my main axe. I want to be able to pick up either one and go the whole set, and I do. While every guitar is a little different the two I gig with most often are essentially the same. Each one can go all night if something major fucks up in the other one. I usually alternate by sets.

I would try to find a reasonable deal on another Tele. You'll be better off with two quality guitars than one good one and a shitbox.

lou

Musician's Friend has been doing "Fender Fridays" for some time, where a Fender model or two will be heavily on sale. Maybe check tomorrow (it's telephone-only) and see if they have a Mexican Strat or Tele special. Typically, a $499 guitar has been on sale for $299; a little more than you were planning on spending, but a much better guitar for the price, and Mexican Fenders have been pretty good lately.

Back