Baby's first expansion

Ordsmed

Hello, second post on my first day^^'
First: Sorry if any of this has been answered before. I tried to skim through the forum before posting.

I'm looking to expand my setup and figured I'd get some advice before purchasing anything.

Current setup:
Steinberg UR22
RØDE NT1-A
Cubase
OBS

For about a year, me and my girlfriend have been sharing this same Setup. She uses it primarily for Recording & editing and I use it for gaming streams & podcasting. This has been working well, but there's some issues I'd like to address by expanding.

1. I need more Mic-inputs so I can have more people on the live-streams/podcasts
  2. I'd like to have mixing/fading externally so I don't have to Tab-out to fix audio-issues. Prefer sliders over knobs.

I found a "Behringer Xenyx QX1202USB" for a really good deal, but the model's reviews aren't great and Behringer seems to have a bad reputation. Also, looking through the forum, it seems the rule of thumb is "You don't need a Mixer unless you're a pro".

So I'm looking for input. I need someway to manage 4 mic's pluss a line input from the machine, with external/hardware controls. Since my girlfriend will be using it for recording I also need something with some propper amps/pre-amps, unless I just use the UR22 as a "pre-amp" and send the signal in with line?

Last edited:
Back