[b]steeler[/b]

Great stuff! Sounds a bit like Judas Priest. Mixwise I could not hear much bass. Otherwise great playing and so on!

Great stuff! Sounds a bit like Judas Priest. Mixwise I could not hear much bass. Otherwise great playing and so on!

I guess it's a real good thing it sounds a bit like Priest, tho I forgot to mention it the original post this is a Judas Priest cover. Good Call
Thanks for listening and the comment !!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty good over all. I think you should humanize the high hats more and maybe even turn the velocity down just a tiny bit so they are clear but not sticking out too much. Some of the crashes stick out a bit too much too. The guitars are OK and vocals aren't too shabby. So, mostly needs work on the drums. Maybe add some variation them the drums as well. They get sort of boring towards the middle.

this sounded mostly great to me....my biggest complaint is that the hats seem stuck in one position - i haven't heard the original, but i can't imagine they are exactly in the same place the entire time. anyhow, small nitpick...guitars sounded good, bass could be a bit more full, vocals sound great. that's all i got!

Good cover. Guitars and vocals sound good, vocal level might come up a bit for me. Bass is more of a muffled rumble at the bottom than an articulate sound, but maybe that's the genre. Personally, I'd take a little from the low end of the guitars to open space for the bass--but I'm not too metal. ;) Toward the end, we need to hear better what that lead guitar is doing; without it the ending sounds repetitive.

Don't know the original but this sounds pretty good. Good job on the vocals, your voice suits this kind of stuff. Drums are a little mechanical. Guitars sound good. Mix is well balanced on headphones. Nice job

Great job. It really had that old-school Priest vibe to it. I used to listen to Priest a lot when I was younger.

The mix was good too, although it seemed a little 'dark' to me overall, but that's probably more a matter of taste. If I recall, British Steel was kind of a dark sounding album anyway, as was a lot of Priest in the early 80s. Their mixes seemed to get a little brighter around Turbo and Painkiller. You nailed the feel, nice job.

I personally would have the leads maybe a tad louder, but again, matter of taste.

Great job. It really had that old-school Priest vibe to it. I used to listen to Priest a lot when I was younger.

The mix was good too, although it seemed a little 'dark' to me overall, but that's probably more a matter of taste. If I recall, British Steel was kind of a dark sounding album anyway, as was a lot of Priest in the early 80s. Their mixes seemed to get a little brighter around Turbo and Painkiller. You nailed the feel, nice job.

I personally would have the leads maybe a tad louder, but again, matter of taste.

Thanks for checkin it out and commenting !!!!!!!! Appreciate it....

Ok So I went back and tweeked a little more to clear the lows a bit and brighten up a tad. Ended up doing 2db reduction low shelf at 226, a kind of deep narrow cut at 156, a not so deep narrow cut at 196 and a WIDE .7db boost centered around 3200 I think it helped. Link has updated to this new mix.

https://www.reverbnation.com/wristlock/song/24860087-steeler

Thanks to all who commented and offered up suggestions, I think this ones in the bag now !!!!!!!!!!!

There's a little but of upper mid sizzle that sounds a bit grating, hear it on the vocals and guitars. Levels sound about right.

Back