Audition 3 - availabiltiy

56banjo

Hi, does anyone know where I can get a legal copy of Audition 3? I've searched long and hard for this, to no avail. Sometimes I see it advertised, only to call and find they are out of stock. I realise it's been superceded, but surely there must be a copy somewhere. Any ideas, gratefully received.

I fear it's going to be a matter of finding a private sale on eBay (with the slight risk that entails) or a company that happens to have a dusty box on a shelf in the back room. It's now around a year since AA3 was replaced.

Depending on what attracts you to version 3, it's an open secret on the Adobe forums that we're within weeks of the release of the next version (CS6 I assume it'll be called). As usual, Adobe are being tight lipped about what's in it--but the developers have dropped some pretty heavy hints (including a sneak peak video) that it includes most (if not all) of the things lost between AA3 and CS5.5 plus some neat sounding new stuff.

Unless you have a specific need for AA3, I'd probably wait and check out the feature set in CS6 in a few weeks.

Looks like my guess was right...they've just posted that the new version of Audition will be officially launched next week at NAB. See my new thread for a list of the new/restored features--from a quick read it sounds like I may be spending some money soon!

Back