Audition 1.5 shuts down when clicking record Please help !

Wozza1970

Please help. When using Adobe Audition 1.5 in the multi-track view and click record I get a message "Shutting Down....To continue working where you left off, please restart Audition" Sometimes it wont even display the message and just simply crash. It was working fine yesterday. Using a different Adobe Audition from a external USB results in getting the same message when I click record. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Going insane

Please help. When using Adobe Audition 1.5 in the multi-track view and click record I get a message "Shutting Down....To continue working where you left off, please restart Audition" Sometimes it wont even display the message and just simply crash. It was working fine yesterday. Using a different Adobe Audition from a external USB results in getting the same message when I click record. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Going insane

If this happens only on an existing file, it has gotten corrupted. Start a new session and import all the waves into it and rename before saving.

If it happens on all sessions, the program is corrupted and will need to be reinstalled. Back up all of your work to a totally different directory. It's advisable to completely uninstall Audition before doing the reinstall.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes this problem was happening with all sessions old and new.
I have some issues with re-installing Audition.
The software has always been on my pc so I have no CD to reinstall from or a record of serial numbers etc. I just started using it a few years back and had no problems.
I removed the software ( it gave me a "fix" option which I did to no avail ) and chose the option to rid the registry of Audition as well - was that wise ?. I then tried to use a different copy of the program. I got an error message saying that the program wasn't properly installed. So after all that
If I totally ( registry as well ?) remove it and download it from somewhere will I get the full version ? ( I don't even know if I was working with the full version in the first place ) and what sort of functionality could I expect from a downloaded version ?

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes this problem was happening with all sessions old and new.
I have some issues with re-installing Audition.
The software has always been on my pc so I have no CD to reinstall from or a record of serial numbers etc. I just started using it a few years back and had no problems.
I removed the software ( it gave me a "fix" option which I did to no avail ) and chose the option to rid the registry of Audition as well - was that wise ?. I then tried to use a different copy of the program. I got an error message saying that the program wasn't properly installed. So after all that
If I totally ( registry as well ?) remove it and download it from somewhere will I get the full version ? ( I don't even know if I was working with the full version in the first place ) and what sort of functionality could I expect from a downloaded version ?

A legit download version should have total functionality. Have you run any diagnostic program on the computer itself?

I have just found that my pc has developed installing problems. I'll get on top of those and hope that my Audition will sort itself out after that. Thanks again for your help and time.
I will certainly re-post if I continue to have probs.

I had this happen to me once.

Search google with the exact error message you receive in quotes.

I found a forum talking about it and was able to solve the problem. I remember finding the corrupted files in a place you wouldn't normally look.

Hello again. I have discovered that Audition works in another user account on this pc apparently without problems.
As for finding out the cause I'm at a loss as I'm a fairly novice pc user. Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

As I recall this is the area you want to look in
C:\Documents and Settings\{your user name}\Application Data\Adobe\Audition\1.5

Replace {your user name} with your user name

If it works under a different user account then you have a corrupted settings file. Try backing them up and replaceing them one at a time with the ones from the working user account or (and dont quote me on this one for AA1.5) but if you delete them AA1.5 may recreate them.

You should back these files up regularly - while this utility was built for v2 & 3 there is a "Backup" button which you can use to backup your AA1.5 ini files (just browse to the folder mentioned above)

auditionfx

I am having the same exact problem.... ??? help!

Hey guys,
I am having the same exact problem as explained. Did you figure out any solutions? I too am going completely INSANE! haha. really though. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone. :)

Back