Audition Drift Issue Please Help

In the middle of recording yesterday the "drift" option in Audio Audition 1.5 stopped working.
It's taking my short recorded clips and stretching them it into something super long.
I've had this problem happen before, but usually restarting the computer or unplugging my interface would fix the problem.
Or clicking and unclicking the drift option.
I've restarted the computer, reinstalled the program, and updated my drivers and the problem exists.
Any ideas on what's going on or how I fix it? Doing a fresh install isn't an option.
Does the software or my audio interface actually control the drift option?
Like could my recording interface M-Audio Air have went bad mid recording?
It records and plays fine which this option isn't checked.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In the middle of recording yesterday the "drift" option in Audio Audition 1.5 stopped working.
It's taking my short recorded clips and stretching them it into something super long.
I've had this problem happen before, but usually restarting the computer or unplugging my interface would fix the problem.
Or clicking and unclicking the drift option.
I've restarted the computer, reinstalled the program, and updated my drivers and the problem exists.
Any ideas on what's going on or how I fix it? Doing a fresh install isn't an option.
Does the software or my audio interface actually control the drift option?
Like could my recording interface M-Audio Air have went bad mid recording?
It records and plays fine which this option isn't checked.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
what is the Dirft option you are talking about.

Fixed it.
Incase anyone is wondering I unplugged all of the cords to my amp and it magically fixed it. We had some lightening the day before and I think maybe some sort of magnetic interference was causing it. Regardless the option is now working.

Back