audiophile usb

blacksummerrain

Hi,

I need a decent soundcard which supports ASIO and was wondering what everyone thought of the Audiophile USB? I've found it for 179.00 including shipping and wanted to keep costs in this range and also, not have to open up my computer to install a soundcard (my wife gives me the evil eye when I even think about messing with the computer internally ).

I have a SB Live that doesn't support ASIO and need it for recording instruments in Fruity Loops Producer.

Thanks for any feedback you have.

Speaking from "general" experience with M-Audio, it's really good stuff at a really good price. It certainly isn't SSL, but it certainly isn't the "B" word...

If it has the features you need, it will probably serve you well.

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Thanks Massive Master. It's probably the route I'm going to go. Found an even better price at newegg.com for $169.00. Of course, they're out of 'em but supposedly will have more in a few days....

Blacksummerrain

I'm running a Audiophile USB in a small editing setup I've got and I had problems at first getting it installed and running. I had to settle for the WDM drivers instead of the ASIO but it's not a problem since right now I'm using it to transfer cassettes and CDs to my hard drive for editing. It's been running fine once I got it installed and it sounds fine. I think the reason I couldn't get the ASIO drivers to work is because I'm running a Celeron processor and only have 256 Meg of RAM.

Thanks for the additional info.

Another (newbie-type) question related to installing the Audiophile USB...

Will it be possible to switch between using my existing SB Live card and the Audiophile? If so, is it relatively easy to do?

Others that currently use the computer will probably be more familiar with the SB controls, etc.

Will it be possible to wire both soundcards to run through my RP100 power amp and Alesis monitors (assuming that both soundcards can be used)?

Thanks.

Back