audiophile 2496 not being detcted!!!

idrisguitar

i installed the drivers form disk and from interweb, but no matter what the device manager still shows it as a pci device that is not working

what the hell do i do? i knwo its in place properly, i know its in place perfectly

i dont want it to be faulty, i cant do with the damn hassle right now (so much hassle with this new computer!!!!)

please tell me someone else has had this problem and can fix it easily!!!!

Get the latest drivers from M-audio's web-site
remove PCI card
remove driver
install new driver from web-site
install PCI card
reboot.........

If this doesent work then you might have a faulty card! :(

it's more likely to be an IRQ issue. Does the card have a yellow exclomation mark over it in device manager?

carter you say to install driver abefore install the card?

i will try it, i will also try putting it in a different slot,

whats an irq error? how do i fix it?

anyone know

Last edited:
it's not an IRQ error, it means your soundcard is sharing an interupt request (IRQ) with another card or device (ie printer, scanner)

bad or good news,

i disconnected the sound card and the same pci device hardware wizard comes up, meaning there is something else in there (there is one weird things, that is kindas a wire coming out form the motherboard, into a back of the computer (above an empty pci slot,) i dont know what itis, but im pretty sure thats the thing the computer keeps detecting. amd i cant remove it

damn this computer is in shambles, anyway ill try and make it work (drivers first then insert car,d but ill let you knwo what ahppens

try this first...might save yourfelf some headaches.....

Go to device manager and remove the soundcard and the other device, take the soundcard out the computer and reboot. When it finds the other divice go ahead and follow the instructions, then go to device manager again and see what it is.

If it's something you don't need right click on it and disable it. Then put the soundcard back in and reboot and insert the driver disk when prompted.

Here is two tricks you may not know about:

1) Try putting the PCI card into a different PCI slot then you had it before.

2) Go into your BIOS and disable your serial ports, this will free up some IRQs. Noone really uses serial ports anymore anyways.

tanks fo your help guys,

i have sorted out both things, turns otu the pci card wasn;t seated right, not beause i didn;t put it in properly., but because when i put it in and screw it in, because the screw hole is too far away it pulls the card out of the seat (and i didn;t notice)

so now the only way for my pci card towork is if i leave them unscrewed, its annoying, but hoefully it wont do to much damage

and the other pci device that was coming up, was another sound card, i install thats properly and will make sre i disable it and make the m-audio the primary sound card when i boot it up now

thanks again, sorry for all the confusion. the computer design is faulty, but im glad eveyrhting is working. :)

If the other card is just for sound pull it from the system all together. Glad you got to the root of your problem. Happy recording. :)

Back