Asleep At A Wake Album - Critique Welcome

Erockrazor

I mix in (2x) real-time
Hey fellow home recorders!

I have completed my 3rd album and just gotten it pressed. I have the entire album up for download on the internet. I am welcoming all critiques, reviews, beration, and piracy. It's my favorite release yet and I hope you all can enjoy the work of a fellow home recorder.

www.ericgieg.com/aaaw.html

You can download the album + artwork completely free.

If you have 45 minutes to waste, the album is best listened to in sequence.

If not, may I recommend our most pop style songs; One Ton Paperweight; Saturday's are Sadder Days, and The Reason Being. Our playing style is based around acoustic guitar and vocals but strays far away from our norm into electronic and experimental rock.

I hope anyone who takes the time to listen can enjoy it. And if you don't enjoy it, you can verbally whoop my ass.

With love from a neighborly home recorder, Eric G

Listened to the streaming tune at the link....sinners...etc. Nice, effective sound. A good listen. I'm wondering what the track would do in reverse?

A Norwegian polka, "I buried Sir Paul"?

Carry on, bruddah!

Thanks Jeff! Yeah, might get pretty wacky backwards. No intentional subliminals though. But you never know, we may be devil worshipers after all. :)

Woah! Is it really 20 tracks long? That's madness!

Listening to "The Reason Being" now. It sounds pretty good.

Thanks Steve! Yeah, 23 tracks to be exact. But as you can tell, some probably had more time put into them than others. But all for fair reason.

Hope you've enjoyed it! :)

Thanks again, Eric

So I've listened to the album a couple times now. It's pretty cool.

Is this a concept album of some sort?

So I've listened to the album a couple times now. It's pretty cool.

Is this a concept album of some sort?

Hey thanks Steve!

Yeah it's totally a concept album. My band mate especially is obsessed with sleep. This album is supposed to go from falling asleep, to dreaming, to nightmares, to confusion, to sparsity, to dreamings, to waking up etc. That's one reason the songs have crossfades in between them, to go in and out of different stages of sleep with a transition. Sometimes more abrupt than others but still continuous.

So we tried to go through high points and low points, density and sparsity, etc. A little different than we would normally write but I'm very happy with how it came out.

Consider yourself a select few because only maybe 5 people have actually finished the entire album. We're waiting for the listeners to come flocking through the doors! Well..not really. But thanks for listening, I'm happy you made it through it. It's got a pretty wide range of styles throughout. Probably a little exhausting to listen to.

Thanks Steve!

I listened to The Reason Being and decided to download to the CD. I will give it a full going over and let a friend of mine borrow it as well. Pretty cool so far.

Wow what an ambitious project.

Track 3 (One ton paper weight) was really cool and Saturdays are sadder days was really cool. The mix was really hot on my laptop and some of it is self indulgent but I have to tip my hat, great stuff man.

p.s. I am going to burn and give a car listen. But I wanted to add. Great damn singer. Great guitar playing. A couple times I heard off notes but I think they were intentional. I can't comment on the mix until I listen on something other than my laptop. BUT I really liked it.

p.s. I am going to burn and give a car listen. But I wanted to add. Great damn singer. Great guitar playing. A couple times I heard off notes but I think they were intentional. I can't comment on the mix until I listen on something other than my laptop. BUT I really liked it.

First time I've ever heard great damn singer haha. That's the last thing I'd think of myself. Hope the mix translates decently to your car. Our production was a little lacking on songs...

Dont fall asleep at the wheel. :)

Back